The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang/Ford Roundup Raises $2200 for Charity !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Those of you who couldn't make the Mustang/Ford Roundup in Hastings this past weekend , missed a ton of track time fun and comraderie, but probably the coolest part , for me, was how big the hearts of the Boss and Ford owners were. I contacted Todd Soderquist , who was coming down with four other Ford Engineers ( Jim Dunham, Bart Marowelli, Chuck Drake and Tom Barnes ) to participate in the event , to see if he could bring some cool Boss and Ford memorabilia to auction off. The event had folks coming from 10+ States, but being held in Nebraska we thought it would be beneficial to help a worthy cause with the fun stuff Todd secured.

Hard to believe that in one of the States with the lowest unemployment in the Country , 83,000 children go to bed hungry over the weekend when not in school. To meet this need , the Nebraska Food Bank ( which also serves a portion of Western Iowa ) has started a " Backpack " program where students have a pack filled with food for the weekend. Woodhouse Ford has been promoting this program for years as a way to give back to the community , and George Anderson and the folks at Hastings Motorsports Park like to be stewards in their area and not just a place to race and entertain. With all the things brought from Ford , and some very generous hearts, the participants ponied up $1100 for the Charity. One of the key moments was when George Anderson waived penalties for track damage and had the $200 go to the Food Bank instead of to the track. As the initial charity was coming to a close Tom Drake came up and quietly handed me a wad of bills and said this is from the Ford Engineers.

Woodhouse Ford had mentioned they would match anything the competitors, car show participants, etc. raised , bringing the total to $2200 for the Nebraska Food Bank Backpack program. It is pretty hard after a weekend of racing and partying ,not to be impressed with your fellow Mustang/Ford owners and their generosity. This amount will feed 14 children for an entire school year -- way cool and thanks to all those that gave.
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Ford

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
Glad to make the donation for my "YES" sign. It is definitely a worthy cause. My wife's school participates in Operation Backpack and it does make a difference for many children who would normally go hungry during the weekend.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
My check went in the mail this morning.

Scored a signed copy of a 2013 Boss 302 poster and a signed copy of Jim Farr's book with all proceeds going to the Nebraska Food Bank.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Can't thank everyone enough, as it really showed what a class group was at this event and made me extremely proud to be associated with all the drivers, car show participants and Ford Engineers!!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Change that to 2280, as we got a check in from one of the participants --unreal , hard not to get emotional about how much everyone chipped in!

TMO Supporting Vendors