The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang GT4 European Debut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I agree that there is a problem here, but sanctioning bodies try their best to "equalize" the field. Well, that is something that almost always seems to back-fire. Look at Formula 1, where everyone was very even except for Jensen Button's team maybe a decade back (forget who he raced for then) who exploited a loophole with the rear diffuser and destroyed the field for the first half of the season. Smaller sanctioning bodies make this worse IMHO with surprise changes and things like that.

So, I do not like having to have to buy the parts from factory by part number. I mean, can't I design a better hood and not have to pay 10K for a GT4 spec hood? Or, can't I build an identical hood, down to the last molecule, but for cheaper and without the homogolation part number?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel