The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang GT4 wins at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Good run today for the GT4 at VIR. Scott Maxwell made some bold moves on the opening lap to grab the lead and held it until driver change stops. Brynolfson had his Volt GT4 in 4th after a really good opening stint. After the stops Buford took over from Maxwell, came out in 3rd or so and lost a few more spots, but Trent Hindman got in the Volt car and put it smartly into the lead keeping it there for the win. No change to BOP that I am aware of and it's still the heavyweight of GT4s so I can only assume the GT4 Mustang likes VIR.

Race #2 tomorrow at 1:20 pm live streamed at http://stream.world-challenge.com/

Outstanding!

36186728561_fc88ce81b9_b.jpg

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Race finishing under yellow/red as I type, another excellent run for the Volt car, Hindman ran 5th for the opening stint and Brynjolfson brought the car home in 2nd. Brynjolfson has improved as a driver by a massive amount from last year, had great pace and showed a lot of track smarts as he moved that car up the order. He passed Andy Pilgrim in the Camaro in the last laps for 2nd, that's not something many people can say. Great weekend for that team.

TMO Supporting Vendors