The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Rear Brakes Not Dual Piston Afterall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found this article showing the Ford advertises dual piston rear calipers on the Brembo package GT's. These are the same brakes on the Boss with the exception of upgraded pads. I don't see this as a huge deal but what do you think?

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2011/01/2011-ford-mustang-gt-50-has-brembos-single-piston-sliding-rear-calipers.html

They better not be dual piston since I already ordered and have my Hawk DTC60 pads for them in my garage :D Not that I wouldn't take dual piston if they came with them lol.

Mistakes in advertising aren't that uncommon. Anybody it mattered too would have made sure and they would have known a year ago that they came with single piston floating calipers. My car has 4 piston rear brakes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel