The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang roundup at Hastings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's the plan but I'm not sure if the dates have been locked down. @Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dates are locked down, first weekend on October ---- check out www.racemph.com. Click on Events, choose the Car section and you will find the Mustang and Ford Roundup.

This the best date because if it was run in September it would have been the same time as the NASA Championships and the SCCA Solo Nationals. One of the busiest week/weekends of the race year for participants.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I do believe so, Kirk, and likely it will occur right after the first. Things are a little delayed due to the Sale and paperwork closing, but folks are excited!! The Viper Rendezvous , which is similar to the Mustang and Ford Roundup, but is run in June, is already over half of capacity for participants ( 37 as of Friday). I think with the event in October after folks have run the Solo Nationals or the NASA Championships , will mean we get a lot more drivers who have not been able to come in the past. It is open to guys running AC Cobras and other Fords , so it will be a bigger Ford Fest and similar to the first few years. No worries as the bulk of drivers will still be Mustang Maniacs , but with this being the 10th Anniversary there were folks who wanted to participate who have other Blue Oval Beasts.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There are some really cool surprises coming for the event and I am pumped , as we will be doing some of the things we did in the early years of the event and that will be a lot of fun for many.

Keep in mind we will be open to Fast Fords too, so friends with Focus RS or STs, AC Cobras, etc. will be welcome as in the early years. They used to run in their own group or appropriate by time, but it never impacted the Mustangs. Was pretty cool to see 3 Shelby Continuation AC Cobras on track one year. I also remember the three orange Cobra R Mustangs ( two from Iowa ) that used to show up , and they rock ( one came this year ) surprising folks at how stout this older Mustang Track focused beast still is!

I attended the Mustang Roundup X held at Motorsports Park Hastings, Hastings, NE on October 1-4, 2020. Oh, my good friend Bill Pemberton called in SICK and was greatly bummed out in not attending. Bill was missed by all. Also because of COVID-19 the participant numbers were down to 32 from the normal 50. I was in the Mustang Stock class that limits the mods and the tires to 200 hardness. I was running the Bridgestone RE71-Rs. Other classes are Modified, Outlaw Cobra, Race, GT350 and GT350R/GT500. There were 9 cars in Stock class. My 2016 Mustang GT/PP was 100% F Street legal in SCCA Autocross Solo series and that is how I competed. Your best time after two days of track sessions was counted for trophy. Some Mustangs in stock class had 10” wheels. Tires varied and many were using the RE71-Rs. One had his 2016 Mustang set up to use 85% Ethanol. The whole week the weather was cool and sunny. Mornings were in the forties and afternoons we were lucky to see 60 degrees. My winning time in class was 1:40.293 and this happen on lap #3 in my second session on Friday, October 2nd. The closest I could get to that time was a 1:41.782 on Saturday, and try I did, because getting below 1:39.999 I was told I could sign my name on something in the club house. Oh well did not happen. In fact, after checking with other participant times, after the Friday’s 2 session most times could not be matched and were greater. We all talked ourselves into believing that it was the track. The track was changing, like a living creature only giving you what you deserved! Attached is this year's participant photo that will be used for next years promotion and note it is renamed “Fast Fords & Mustang Roundup”. Also note that the two right side rows are cars that only participated in the Car Show competition.Mustang Roundup X Participant Photo 3Oct20.jpg

You may enjoy the following video link that follows. Two 1965 Mustang Shelby GT350R Retros vs 2020 Mustang Shelby GT350 at the Motorsports Park Hastings, Nebraska racetrack during the Mustang Roundup X on October 2, 2020. You can see the GT350’s at corner 11 and then 12 entering and completing corner 13 and accelerating down the front straightaway. Interestingly, all three cars are WHITE with blue strips; the 2020 GT350 being a Heritage Edition! The sound is great! Go to

Another video from the Mustang Roundup X. Video link follows: 2021 mach E4X on the Motorsports Park Hastings, Nebraska racetrack during the Mustang Roundup X on October 2, 2020. You can see the mach E at corner 11 and then 12 entering and completing corner 13 and accelerating down the front straightaway. SOUND OPTIONAL! Ford Engineer Todd Soderquist, Chief Engineer for the mach E in China, brought a 2021 Mustang mach E4X to the Mustang Roundup X, held on October 1-4, 2020. Todd drove the car from Detroit experiencing driving and charging stations along the way to Hastings, NE. Todd stated, “It was a good experience for me to go through a long-distance trip in an electric vehicle and experience what a customer will. Part of that experience is figuring out where there are high-speed charging stations. If you pick a low-speed charging station you could be there for seven hours, versus a high-speed charger it could be 30 minutes.” The version mach E he was driving has a range of 230 miles from one battery charge to the next. This model car can go 0-60 mph in less than five seconds. The top GT model can do that in 3.5 seconds. Todd stated, “The entire team at Ford knows what Mustang means, and it’s important to them that we don’t damage the brand. So, the vehicle we’re making is significantly better than it would have been if we hadn’t called it Mustang. When you tell an engineer, their part is going on a Mustang they understand what the customer emotionally wants and what value performance they want out of the vehicle, and it changes the perspective on what they deliver. It’s been good. It’s been really good for customers.” Todd wants us Mustang owners to understand that the Mustang brand will be expanded to include the mach E and other cars similar as Porsche has many other vehicles like the Cayman and Porsche Cayenne SUV. (Some information taken from the October 2, 2020 Hastings Tribune article “Electrifying experience”

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I apologize in advance. Sorry. Not a Mustang. It's a small electric SUV.

Regardless of whatever it can do, that's all it is. I already have a small SUV DD, very practical useful car. I would never buy one of these just because of the gimmicky use of the Mustang brand. I'd be afraid small children would point and laugh at the car at stop lights. Mommy! Mommy! Look at the fake Mustang!

Ford may have taken a collective insanity pill? Or is this the legacy of the Steelcase guy? If it is I'm not surprised.
Somehow I feel cheated that Ford devalued the Mustang brand with this stunt.....

BTW, there's no need to have the sound on, there is absolutely nothing to hear. And that's another reason I'd never buy one of these.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Listed on the 2021 MPH Calendar for the 16th through the 19th. Should be good for AuteauX as he will be finished with the Solo Nationals in Lincoln, Ne. by then!!

Was Ford and Mustang Roundup this year , but now it will list as Fast Ford and Mustang Roundup , so just adding Fast to Fords. They should list this way as it was even listed on their website two ways in 2020. Invite your friends with Focus STs, Focus RSs, SVTs of all sorts , etc. to come to the event. I am trying to get a guy with an old Ford Cortina GT to show up.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Absolutely no concern about less track time and frankly the track has accommodated more vehicles with many other groups for over a decade. The Viper Rendezvous, which has been held one year longer , has 65 Vipers show up each year and NASA ,SCCA, and Vintage have had that many to well into the 100s in many years.

There are plenty of steps that can be taken , but the chance of the amount of track time being reduced is extremely unlikely. Normally there have been Mustangs there for the car show, spectators , participants in the Ford Tech Talks or Banquet, but the total number of drivers on track has normally been 35 to 55 , so no problem having other Fords show up. The event was open to other Fords , as it had been in early years and I don't believe any showed up, so they are hoping to advertise a bit better , yet it has always been Mustang dominate.

Hope that answers your question, and at present I would just tell all your friends, because it will likely end up 90% Mustangs no matter what.

Absolutely no concern about less track time and frankly the track has accommodated more vehicles with many other groups for over a decade. The Viper Rendezvous, which has been held one year longer , has 65 Vipers show up each year and NASA ,SCCA, and Vintage have had that many to well into the 100s in many years.

There are plenty of steps that can be taken , but the chance of the amount of track time being reduced is extremely unlikely. Normally there have been Mustangs there for the car show, spectators , participants in the Ford Tech Talks or Banquet, but the total number of drivers on track has normally been 35 to 55 , so no problem having other Fords show up. The event was open to other Fords , as it had been in early years and I don't believe any showed up, so they are hoping to advertise a bit better , yet it has always been Mustang dominate.

Hope that answers your question, and at present I would just tell all your friends, because it will likely end up 90% Mustangs no matter what.

@suprmn gets intimidated by the new Ford Fiesta's, he doesn't want to be shown up by one of them. haha

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well let's hope he doesn't Focus on that, I do think he has an Edge over those machines , and having been on the track over the years I am sure he will be a better Navigator through the Contours of MPH, but he can't a-Ford to dwell on it! He has all Winter and Spring to FLEX his muscles and pretty sure he can be a Wily COYOTE and outrun a little front driver --- after all it is not like it's a GT 350 that could put a Voodoo spell on him! He will work it out because getting beat by a little Fiesta ST, one of Fords Econo Lines, just doesn't seem likely , Suprmn is quite fast. In fact seeing him on track he reminds me more of the god of speed , Mercury, and not the man of steel. I think he will do alright, he has a Monster Machine and if he needs to he can just " Blaze ( yellow ) by those little Econo Lines from Ford.

Ref: Note the last sentence was in honor of my grandson , Liam , for one of his favorite shows , Blaze and he Monster Machines. For those who understood this prior to the explanation, you have been home too long also, ha!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel