The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup VII , Sept. 14-17 . Should be called Track Mustangs OnTrack!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Posting this early , as some of you may not be aware of the new RacePort Covered Parking that has been installed at Motorsports Park, Hastings? Go to www.racemph.com and get registered early so you can reserve a spot under this new covered area. Once on the website go to " Cars on Track," and scroll down the events till midway down the second page. Keep in mind this events brings close to 100 Mustangs to Hastings , but the bulk of the participants are track rats, as the event is timed ( both the autocross and the time trials ) , so the competition is intense. They already have 3 Ford Executives/Engineers committed to come and the rumors are already flying there may be info ( or maybe a car ) with a 500 in the name. Needless to say, with Instruction for the newcomer, time trials and autocrosses for all , and usually some fun , "Street style " drags, this is an event that the Mustang Club of America is looking at as a possible National Event. With small town hospitality , and prices, it is an affordable track experience for all the time you get to destroy rubber.

Highlights always include;
1. Welcome Dinner on Friday night and usually a Ford Insider Tech Talk
2. A thrill of a lifetime on the Bacardi Bus ride
3. Dang good food for a track event !!
4. Trophies
5. Auction to benefit the Foodbank of the Heartland Backpack Program -- benefitting children from Nebraska and Iowa who might go home hungry over the school year weekends, otherwise.
6. Partying
7. Trophies
8. Bench racing and comraderie with fellow Blue Oval fanatics!
9. Partying

Bring a friend with you this year, as the newcomers/novices are usually the ones that go home with the most unbelievable experiences and it is one of the best ways to help them get to know their Mustang.

Again .......www.racemph.com

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TMSBoss ,

Define first timer , because if you mean " First Timer," to this event, but plenty of experience elsewhere ,then that is not the case.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Then you will not be required to take Instruction , but if you wish it will be available. Some come in the first day and go with an Instructor just to get some ideas on the track and the fast line ( hopefully your Instructor is fast, ha,ha)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Okay how can I answer a question at 6:08 today when it is only 2:02 now , CST ? Oh, yeh must be due to the fact that we go back to daylight savings time this weekend,ha!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'm thinking, I'm thinking...

If Black Boss is in my rear mirror stalking me it won't be on the track but rather in line getting into the track.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heck , I've known George for over 10 years and he won't let me drive the Bacardi Bus, ha! He is quite possessive of that rare racing animal ---- don't tell him he thinks it is a real racing bus!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sure the event is not till September, but you can still get a discount if you sign up before April 1st ( www.racemph.com ). One of the highlights of this event is to share in the passion of the Mustang with Ford Executives and Engineers, as they bring their own cars ( and often some special new models!!!!!!) and track their beasts with the rest of us. Every year, since the inception, they have also conducted a Tech Talk and Highlight session that often gives the faithful insight into what is coming or how a particular machine was built and conceived --in other words some behind the scenes excitement! This year Mike Berardi (and his lovely track addict wife ) , Todd Soderquist , and recently retired CIO Nick Smither have already signed up, so it would not be a surprise to see 5-6 of Dearborn's Blue Oval Boys ( and girls ), show up in Hastings , Nebraska. Google Mike Berardi if you want to see one of the best Mustang Collections in America, and many of you know Todd Soderquist as the Lead Engineer behind the Boss 302. That leaves Nick Smither, or as I like to call him " Quick Nick," who you all know as the Black Boss. Rumors are this English transplant is actually the " Stig" , so make sure you ask him all kinds of questions about how to go fast ,since his goal in retirement is to hit every track in North America -- now that is a bucket list to be commended!!

So check it out at www.racemph.com prior to April 1st for a discount, and I will continue to give you updates ( both serious and bloody ridiculous ) as we go along.

Rumors a GT 500 will be in attendance are just that, rumors. This is just like the rumor a few years ago that a GT350R would show up and....................hmmmm...........forgot, one did , or was it two ?

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
This Raggedy Man has been committed, er, I mean I've committed to attending because someone needs to finish last. Looking forward to meeting some real road course monsters.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Remember I will get you your F.O.R.D. sticker ( Fast Old Racing Dude ), as there is quite a group of us that attempt to whip up on those young whippersnappers, so don't think of yourself as slow , think of yourself as fast for your age.

Heck 3-4 years back , all the old geezers practically took every trophy, so you may just have a brief interlude into your childhood and drive out your...........

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
My last instructor at High Plains Raceway was in his mid seventies and he may not have been the fastest but he knew how to drive the course.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel