The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup VIII , Sept. 14-16, 2018. Track Mustangs OnTrack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

View attachment 5137 track rats even show up at carshows...
Bill even wins when he isn't moving...lol
Congrats! I typically go to that show with all the bugs, dirt, and rubber still on it from the Hastings track days just to show everyone that I use the car for what it was built for. I am sure you spent the week rubbing your car down all week for that show. Didn't make it up there this year but heard they had some nice cars.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks Rob , and it was cool there were 4 guys at the event that were in Hastings for the Roundup , myself and three of the car show guys, so fun to see Mustang folks two weeks in a row. The best part of the day was talking to attendees and visitors who asked about tracking their cars and I gave out 10 business cards with Track Mustangs Online website ( on the back of my cards ) at this one event. Hope we see a bunch of new folks checking out the Numero Uno Track Rat Mustang Site in the World and with 140 cars at the 39th Annual Mustang Car Club of Omaha , it was especially gratifyinig that the Photographer used my Boss S and one other car to promote his business - I complemented him on his good taste, ha,ha!!

PS- 12coBoss , I stayed on the track, unlike an Orange Boss I know, who was crowned King of the Alfalfa , so my car was pretty darn clean , hehe!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Will be talking to the Club President this week about a proposal to do a Race Car Class next year? I think that would be of huge interest , as we have a lot of TMO members in our area, and it would also Drag in some 1/4 mile runners , so could be a big group of rapid Stangs!?

More important, with our cars there, we might be able to entice some more guys to bring out their Mustangs to run with us? Big Black will be able to show the effective use of painters tape, and carbon fiber tape , to avoid rock chips and tire debris -- in fact he could conduct a clinic at the event to excite the masses, ha,ha!?

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
Will be talking to the Club President this week about a proposal to do a Race Car Class next year?

Big Black will be able to show the effective use of painters tape, and carbon fiber tape , to avoid rock chips and tire debris -- in fact he could conduct a clinic at the event to excite the masses, ha,ha!?

You mean "Street Car" class?

Would be glad to do clinic on using various types and widths of tape for defense against rocks and sand (even though I didn't need the tape this year, because there just weren't that many cars in front of me ;)) also, for a nominal additional fee, I will provide personal instruction about how these materials not only can be creatively deployed to improve aero, but utilized simply to just hold stuff together!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We did have to black flag Big Black , as he was trying to stay secured in his racing seat with two rolls of painter's tape. I would have , personally, let him go, if he had had the common sense to use duct tape!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I actually like having your car ,and others similar to it, in said "Race Class" so future track rats can truly see the realization of getting their machines on a road course. Sure, I love my car, but to get folks to visualize the potential and fun with their cars , you, Reggie, Jim, Wayne, Tracy, Todd, Kirk, Rob, all have Stangs more folks can relate with! The Club has many folks who just display their cars and I could do that, but it would be cool for all of you to showcase your road rockets. Of course I first need to see if they( MCCO Club ) like the idea. We will have to have TMO Stickers , of course, on all our Blue Oval Beasts, since we need to outdo the Drag Racing set!?

PS - Yes ,Big Black I will get white TMO Stickers for my windshield, ha!
PSPS - or maybe we could suggest Race Cars for both Drag and Road Courses and have another listed for Street Drive Track/Drag cars?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would bet on 2 seconds !!! Remember I mentioned to you that on one lap you adjusted your helmet 12 times -- that is not just a distraction, it means your hands are off the wheel and in some cases they should have been adjusting for the next section of the track. Great move and glad I could be of some help to you at the Mustang Roundup!?

TMO Supporting Vendors