The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup VIII , Sept. 14-16, 2018. Track Mustangs OnTrack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
George , I think I would prefer to drive one of those silver machines instead --- you just happen to know I can pilot another Snake somewhat well , ha?!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For those new to the Best Track Forum in Amerika, one of the other " Huge " benefits is that this event is always attended by 2-6 Ford Engineers and Executives. The Tech Talks they give us are always enlightening and hanging out with them for the event really gives you a strong feeling of how committed these guys are to making our cars fast, fun, and friendly ( easy to work on and upgrade). Plus they enjoy being just " One of the Guys," participating in a superb track event and hanging around with the rest of us Blue Oval Sickos! Many participants have commented that this camaraderie is a wonderful , extra benefit to the Mustang Roundup, and frankly the level of enthusiasm the Ford guys exhibit really make you proud to own the beast of their making!! So, sign up early , before Christmas and get the extra track time and chance to be the " King of the Hill!" I told George since we don't have any real hills on the track we should call it " King of the Alfalfa field ," but he just didn't cotton to that idea. Though some folks have had shirts made that said " Alfalfa Racing Team," since an off track excursion will get give you hayfever, ha. I had a really good name for the folks racing a Mustang and having one of these excursion but George thought it was unprofessional - -which of course is why I brought it up.

Sign up .....I will personally introduce you to TymeSlayer , so you know who the slowest guy on the track will be?

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
Bill is right about the camaraderie, enthusiasm, and especially the much-appreciated Ford executive presence. Makes us truly feel that we are all "brand ambassadors"...and that starts with us driving our cars the way they were meant to be driven, and continues with sharing our expertise and encouragement to make everyone faster. I've learned a lot every trip to MPH -- it's a superb event on a fun, fast, safe track with great people. 2018 will be my fifth Roundup and they've all been special!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Big Black is also one of those guys you want to get to know , as he is not only enthusiastic , he is a ...........................nut! As they say around the Petri Dish --- fungi!

Bill drinks all that beer because nobody ever showed him where the water fountain was....................and besides, that smaller block of wood is for HIS car! Somebody make sure he even has it in there!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What Big Black hasn't mentioned is he has the oldest car, the one with the least HP ( even Supercharged) , and he hustles the old beast pretty damn hard! Have to believe if I can ever talk him into upgrading , he probably will go out and beat the majority of guys on the track.
Signing off for the weekend , chat with all you guys after Christmas , have a great Holiday !

You may have to excuse Bill for his confusion. After all, He is getting up there in "Mustang " years. All tho, after a couple of Boss 302's, He's now travelin in a GT350. He might not be as confused as he leads us to believe.......;)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Confused .......now Robert, remember I personally know you only go by Bob so you can remember how to spell your name backwards and forwards.

Besides I now have my TMO Shurtz , so life is good and my wife even thinks they are super cool --- she may have taken the blue one for herself!?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel