The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup VIII , Sept. 14-16, 2018. Track Mustangs OnTrack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Too busy driving and fixing my car to take photos, so far.
I am sure we will have something for you before the weekend is over.
A bit of everything here today. Ford GT, black and gorgeous. Boss 429 survivor. GT 350KR. And of course, two gorgeous Kona Blue Boss 302’s. :)
A special thanks to tymeslayer for rolling up his sleeves, lending a few tools and helping me replace the rear wheel seals in my Boss.

That looks like a winner right there! Looking forward to more photos.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I still haven't gotten the group photo, but the members in attendance are:
list is to match the photo...
BigBlack - Shelby
12coboss - CO 2012 Boss
MustangFiveO - SBY 2013 LS
TymeSlayer - #2 KB 2012 Boss
TMSBoss - #60 KB 2012 Boss
Todd Soderquist - #22 SBY 2013 LS
Todd is the Global Motorsports Engineering Manager, Ford Performance
Drano38 - Red 2012 Boss
Bill Pemberton - White Boss 302S
and finally me...
GB899 - Grabber Blue 2013 Boss

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Nope, Nick did not make it.
There were several potent Mustangs at the event as well as several of us “Common Folks”. Lol.
Bill had a fund raiser for a local children’s charity. Silent auction and open bidding which raised funds to pay for kids meals. Bill, Thanks for letting us share with the kids.
We may need to get with George and ask him to remind the photographer we are all patiently waiting on the pictures.
Thanks to GB899 for joining us track rats in the photos and festivities on Saturday. Your Grabber Blue 13 Boss represented the current crop of Bosses well in the car show on Saturday.
I have a few pics from the show which I’ll post up later. Mostly the older early arrivals at the show.

Last edited:
Waiting for the group photo, but got to thinking on the way back. George is a member here too, we didn't get him in the pic with his bad to the bone fox body. Can someone photo shop that in?

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Agree. We missed George and his ride.

He was so busy spending every waking moment ensuring we had a great time that he had no time to join in on the fun. With the exception of the bus.

Thanks George!! I felt more welcomed at your track and event than any other. Well done!
See you next year.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I knew I was forgetting someone, ha , and thanks for the pic of my beast going down the straight!! I sent George a message this am , as good chance Priscilla tried sending the pics from the track and it has horrible WiFi signals. I seldom have success sending stuff from there.

Looks like we raised $3140 for the Food Bank of the Heartland BackPack Program . This program helps schoolchildren in Nebraska and Western Iowa take home food for the weekend , when many go hungry during this period. The Ford Engineers and Executives are so very generous bringing us items , along with great track participants like TMSBoss, Dell Hughes , and Al from Colorado ( well, I always spell his name wrong, so going the easy route ). A bunch of racers came up personally and asked what they could bring to donate next year , which gives you an indication what a cool group comes to this track extravaganza ?!

PS - I shared one of my two Track Mustang Online stickers with Big Black , but , I guess white might have shown up better, ha , ha. Took off my Ford Racing sticker and , duh , it was white. Yes , it will be corrected in the future, or place them on the quarter panels?

Last edited:
Nice job raising funds for the Heartland BackPack program. I'm involved with a similar program where I live with the Placer Food Bank.

I have this event on my calendar for next year. Now that I'm retired I'll have more time for events like this. I would have made it this year but I'm recuperating from knee surgery and wasn't sure I'd be up for the trip.

Nice group photo of TMO members at the event. Where's Todd's black car? The other photo is of TymeSlayer and TMSBoss working on TMS's car, the TMO Crew hard at work! Click on the photos for larger images.

20180915_140332.jpg
20180915_140453.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg

drano38

Wayne
Nice group photo of TMO members at the event. Where's Todd's black car?

Todd's black Boss? In the garage/condo. Don't think he got the '12 out last weekend.

Overall a great weekend. Great group of people beating up the track. George and his track crew are a well oiled machine, and he always keeps the rain away for the Roundup. Track Guys kept us organized for run groups, etc. Kitty's restaurant catering and the Elks for the awards dinner kept us well fed. And its great visiting with the Ford members who come out to drive and share their knowledge. And everyone helped feed the hungry kids with the Heartland backpack donations for bids on the large variety of donated items.

I did miss being at the South Dakota State Jackrabbits football game Saturday where we thrashed Arkansas Pine Bluff 90 to 6. But I'll make the rest of the home games this season.

Last edited:

drano38

Wayne
Oh, well that one, is in the "hay shed" to the right of our lineup :)
George will most likely set dates soon, but I'd bet it will be Sept 12-15 in 2019
I don't have any pics because my old phone's memory got ate up with lap video. Don't know if I have anything worth posting yet, but I did enjoy chasing TMSBoss Sunday morning.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel