The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang RS? Cosworth Coming to Detroit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I see "Cosworth", all I can think of is the Cosworth Vega! A mechanic at the MB dealership I worked at in high school had one. It was fuel injected, and DOHC, which were big things for an American car at the time. Unfortunately, it was also a Chevy Vega. I just looked, and they go for about $10K now, which is, oh, about $9K more than I would pay for one.

The saddest part of the whole Cosworth story is that apparently the president of GM was allowed to drive prototypes and was allowed to decide what was going to be produced: the Cosworth or a Vega with the old Buick aluminum 215 V8. He chose the Cosworth, and they ended up having to give the things away. If he had gone with the V8, it would have been one of the most desirable cars of the era.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel