The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang S550 Wheels Upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manufacturing process of wheel spacers on the market is mainly based on forging and casting. Casting is hard-worked and slowly formed, while casting is where molten liquid metal is introduced into the mold for cooling and forming at one time. Forging takes more time and cost than casting.
The materials of wheel spacers are generally aluminum alloy and alloy steel. The density of alloy steel is 7.8, and the density of aluminum alloy is 2.8, which means that if these two materials are used to make wheel spacers of the same size and thickness, the weight of aluminum alloy will be 35% lighter than alloy steel. Aluminum alloy will be better for reducing the unsprung mass of the vehicle, and the vehicle acceleration and handling performance will be better.

BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-25mm-by-kwok-9.jpg

Using different types of aluminum alloy materials, the tensile strength, yield strength, and elongation are also different
Taking 6061 as an example, the tensile strength of 6061-T6 that has undergone heat treatment (T) is about 2.5 times that of 6061, and the yield strength is even closer to 5 times. It is sufficient to use 6061-T6 or 7075-T6.

BONOSS aluminum alloy wheel spacers grace.png

There are not many products in the market that can issue authoritative qualification inspection reports such as SGS, TUV, ISO, etc. Therefore, when purchasing, a standard is also formed, whether the products dare to be tested or not..
I would like to share something about installing 25mm+30mm BONOSS Forged Active Cooling Wheel Spacers (Formerly BLOX-sport) for my Mustang sixth gen S550 with you.

BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-25mm-by-kwok-6.jpg

PCD: 5X114.3
CB: 70.5
Tightening Torque: 140 NM
minimum number of turns: 7.5 turns

BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-by-kwok-2.3.jpg

Let's we see the different.

BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-sixth-s550-by-kwok-9.jpg

As you guys can see, compared with the original car, it has been greatly improved in appearance and stability.
If you have any other comments, please leave a message, I will study hard. Thank you for your reading.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yep, and its Bad Information.

I am sure Chris will have to sap this "Add" also.

FYI. Using this type of spacer on the car shown can induce failure, wrecks, death and a hardy laugh from anyone who seriously drives their car. Avoid this TRASH at all costs. If you have to use a spacer, use one with longer studs which pass from the hub through the wheel.

Hundreds of dollars spent on the rotors and wheels in the pictures above. Then they bolt on death?? Not on my car.

FYI. Using this type of spacer on the car shown can induce failure, wrecks, death and a hardy laugh from anyone who seriously drives their car. Avoid this TRASH at all costs. If you have to use a spacer, use one with longer studs which pass from the hub through the wheel.

Hundreds of dollars spent on the rotors and wheels in the pictures above. Then they bolt on death?? Not on my car.

why arent you spending your time choosing a day to come out to autobahn

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal

My brain hasn't woken up yet from the weekend, remind me again why these spacers are bad. I know that they are but I forget how to explain myself why they are.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
More bolts/nuts = more potential points of failure.
Can't check all the nuts for torque without removing 1 set.
Adding a contact interface that can potentially trap yutz between surfaces and cause runout issues.
That's to start with....then there's the sketchy build quality of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel