The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Shelby FP350S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Who's ready to trade in their Boss 302S on this puppy? :)

http://performance.ford.com/series/road-racing/news/articles/ctsc/2016/12/ford-performance-reveals-shelby--fp350s.html

Oh man, I'm sure some of the current GT350 owners are going to be eager to get some parts from this program for their rides......

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
We were all wondering about a year ago when the replacement for the BOSS 302S would debut, and I kind of figured it might not be coming based on the lack of customer GT350R-C cars and the recent debut of the Mustang GT4...but here we are :)

I am pleasantly surprised :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Ford Performance debuts all-new Shelby FP350S, designed for road racing in Trans Am, NASA and SCCA club racing events
All-new car race-ready, from drivetrain to exterior skin
INDIANAPOLIS -- Ford Performance today unveils an all-new, non-street legal, track-ready Shelby FP350S race car at the 2016 Performance Racing Industry show in Indianapolis.

Shelby FP350S -- designed for road racing sprint events in classes including, but not limited to, Trans Am (TA3 and TA4), NASA and SCCA club racing (T1 and T2) -- is the latest offering from Ford Performance in a long line of turn-key race cars that include the FR500C, BOSS 302R and 302S, and most recently, the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge championship-winning Ford Shelby GT350R-C and GT4, unveiled at SEMA this year.

“Our goal has always been to provide those who want to race with equipment that enables them to compete and win,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “Shelby FP350S is our latest example.”

Highlights of the all-new Shelby FP350S include:

• 5.2-liter four-valve-per-cylinder V8 engine prepared by Ford Performance Parts
  • Modified unibody chassis with seam welding
  • Six-point FIA-compliant roll cage
  • Performance-oriented oil pan and oil cooler
  • Tremec 3160 manual transmission with integral oil pump, shifter, 3.73 rear final drive ratio
  • Race-oriented exhaust
  • Race-oriented suspension components including electric steering calibrations, ultra-high-performance brake system
  • 19 x 10.5-inch front,19 x 11-inch rear wheels
  • Optional forged 18 x 11-inch race wheel package
  • Optional Shelby FP350S custom graphics
  • Ford Performance splitter and carbon fiber-construction adjustable rear wing
  • MOTEC data acquisition system
  • Sparco FIA-compliant racing seat, quick-release steering wheel
The all-new Shelby FP350S will be available to order at Ford Dealerships throughout the United States soon.

For more information, visit https://performanceparts.ford.com.

This might be the "GT350" I have the best shot at getting from a dealer--since with the 302R and 302S they generally didn't sell the cars to people without a competition license. Now to find the funding...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Based on a quick estimation, I couldn't build this thing in my garage for under $82K (no labor charges are factored in here):

VwXaaUW.png

Looks like I forgot oil cooler, so add another $750...

So my guess would be $95K+ at minimum.

I like the front splitter on the 350S. This car has been in the making for some time so I'm glad to see it's real. Only question I have is if it has a FPC? I doubt it otherwise they would have stated so. Ford never misses an opportunity to promote it. ;D

mattlqx

Mustangless
That's my feeling as well. Same MO as the GT4, but you never know. The GT4 has an 8k RPM redline and we know it to be a CPC. The press release for the FP350S states 8250 RPM. The plot thickens.

VoodooBOSS said:
Nice photos. Any additional info on the motor? CPC? My bet on pricing is closer to $100k than $170K. The GT4 will be closer to the $170K.
There was some talk about that one too. And it was around 200-250K.
Motor looks like a regular 5.2 CPC. No mention of FPC.

I'm going back tomorrow will try to get more info and better pictures.

mattlqx said:
Member of another forum says he talked to Ford Racing reps there and confirmed cross-plane crank.

That was me. I had about 30 minutes of back and forth with Bruce Smith from Ford Racing. It became readily apparent that there is some sensitivity to public reaction with respect to this car not using the FPC so Ford Racing is being very quiet about it at this point anyway. Bruce was great to talk to and an informative resource (when he is allowed to be) on this car, the previous R/S, as well as being versed on some production "issues" such as the Tech Pack cooling debacle, etc.

TMO Supporting Vendors