The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Track Clubs??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I see Mustang clubs for shows and gatherings, especially here in Michigan, all summer long but does anyone know of track/driving clubs for Mustang folk? It sees like Porsche, Audi, Vipers etc have track days throughout the summer. Do we have anything like that?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I've always kind of thought of TMO this way, though we don't organize group days. Don't know why we couldn't. We even have a section for events to bring members together, so we're 90% of the way there.

Would be kind of cool to have a Mustang-specific track organization that does classing by generation. Then maybe I'd finally be competitive 🤣

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
I see Mustang clubs for shows and gatherings, especially here in Michigan, all summer long but does anyone know of track/driving clubs for Mustang folk? It sees like Porsche, Audi, Vipers etc have track days throughout the summer. Do we have anything like that?
If you want to come over to the other side of the lake.....

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
MCA started to add a track component to some of their events. The one at Road Atlanta last weekend had the typical show categories as well as a track event. They don't do this at every event, but it looks like they are starting to do this at a couple of events per year. Other than that some of the local local Mustang clubs do some track events, but it is hit or miss.

In the olden days, Rick did do a few gatherings of TMO folk here on the west coast for Sonoma and Laguna Seca track days. I have a TMO group pic from Laguna around here somewhere if there is any interest.
I think that'd be really cool. We are all over the place but I wonder if we have enough members from every state to set up a few group days. I'm in AZ myself but I've seen a few of the TMO guys go to Chuckwalla from AZ and California for a track day.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
For the past couple of years, I've held one track event for our regional Mustang club, The Greater Pittsburgh Mustang Club, with okay results. Our total club membership is just over 100 members, but alas, I can only muster about seven to ten members to attend a track day at Pitt Race for one event per season. Granted the cost may be a barrier for some, but those who do attend seem to really enjoy the experience. I've also been using HOD and AutoInterest for their platform, and then each member signs up at the level they're either comfortable with or certified to participate in. Most of us sign up for the novice category, but we do have have a couple members who travel to several East Coast facilities for various events. It would be nice though to have a dedicated club for this although the logistics could be daunting for whomever has to orchestrate the planning of events.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
One way to encourage participation is to invite those who are interested to ride along with you during a track day. Seeing and feeling the real thing usually puts folks over the top. A ride along for one event may just be the new track addict of the future.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The Fast Fords and Mustang Roundup in Hastings, Ne. has been a Regional Mustang Event now for 11 years. Recent years have seen over 1/3rd of the participants are TMO members , so it ends up being a great place to meet many of the drivers you have been chatting with for years. Check out www.racemph.com or go to car events on the site and check out coming to the Land of Corn in September for some fast, fun times ( actually your runs are timed ).

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I'm an HOD coachmen's
One way to encourage participation is to invite those who are interested to ride along with you during a track day. Seeing and feeling the real thing usually puts folks over the top. A ride along for one event may just be the new track addict of the future.
I'm an MSF L2 instructor and coach for Hooked on Driving all the time. We do ride alongs at HOD events and I'm happy to offer ride alongs at any track day I'm doing- typically Laguna and Sonoma. I'll for sure be at the Shelby club date in mid June @ Laguna, and the 3 day SAAC track weekend the first weekend in August @ Sonoma. More dates to come once I finish upgrading my intercooler pump...

I sill see a couple TMO'ers at HOD days and at the Shelby events.
/also fully vax'd.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel