The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang6th S550 Wheels Upgrade. Install 12mm+15mm Wheel Spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, today I would like to share something about installing 12mm+15mm BONOSS Forged Lightweight Plus Wheel Spacers for my Mustang6th S550 with you.
BONOSS-Ford-Mustang-VI-by-kwok.jpg
I got them on eBay, took me several days to receive them.
BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-by-kwok-1.1jpg.jpg
Installation Step 1, clean the wheel hub.
BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-25mm-by-kwok-1.3.jpg
Installation Step 2, install BONOSS wheel spacers.
BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-25mm-by-kwok-6.jpg
Let's we see.
BONOSS-Forged-Active-Cooling-Wheel-Spacers-Ford-Mustang-VI-25mm-by-kwok-1.8.jpg
As you guys can see, compared with the original car, it has been greatly improved in appearance and stability.
If you have any other comments, please leave a message, I will study hard. Thank you for your reading.​

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good chance he is a Vendor with the Product Name on the front of the car. I imagine Ludachris will contact to find out for sure, but the issue with this spacer set up has been discussed quite a bit and your comment, TMSBoss, is super valid for those who track their cars!! Heck of alot easier to contact Optimum Performance and get one of his high quality spacers and he is a site sponsor.

This is Track Mustangs Online, so taking TMSBoss's note ( Not for track use ) it is easy to see this is the wrong place for this dangerous set-up.

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
To add this style of spacer to a performance application, AP Brake, like they did (see above) Is asking for trouble.

If Nader had not already stolen the phrase "Unsafe at Any Speed" it would apply here. High Performance Brakes with this style of spacer?? Hope they are insured well. If anyone here chooses to use this style of spacer, let me know. I'll move to another run group.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hi guys, today I would like to share something about installing 12mm+15mm BONOSS Forged Lightweight Plus Wheel Spacers for my Mustang6th S550 with you.
View attachment 18161
I got them on eBay, took me several days to receive them.
View attachment 18162
Installation Step 1, clean the wheel hub.
View attachment 18163
Installation Step 2, install BONOSS wheel spacers.
View attachment 18164
Let's we see.
View attachment 18165
As you guys can see, compared with the original car, it has been greatly improved in appearance and stability.
If you have any other comments, please leave a message, I will study hard. Thank you for your reading.​
Welcome to the site @kwok - forgive me if I'm making a false assumption here, but it looks like you're posting this thread with the intention of promoting the spacers you've described in your write-up. If that's not the case, apologies. Maybe you're genuinely trying to help others and not just promote the product.

In any event, you've probably noticed that this site is heavily focused on track-duty applications. Most people who use this forum are here because they are looking for content specifically geared towards the track. Some products, like the spacers you've written about, are not really recommended for track use - as others have pointed out, these could potentially be dangerous when used on the track. For that reason, I'm going to lock this thread - and will likely remove it soon.

If you have more write-ups on products that are meant to help improve performance or safety for track use, please do share some of those here in the forum. We love seeing content like that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel