The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustangs at Indy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The article pretty much says it all......

Then there was Joe Aquilante’s Phoenix Motorsports team. Two cars and three drivers would stick their noses into the top five and one, the No. 32 Ford Mustang Boss 302R, would twice lead (Laps 30-34, 55-57) with drivers Kurt Rezzetano and Andrew Aquilante respectively claiming the point while the No. 35 Ford Mustang Boss 302R, driven by an otherwise quiet Potomac, Md., neurologist Preston Calvert, at one point was driving his car where part-time race car drivers aren't supposed to go when in the midst of hotshot professionals: fourth place.

Ultimately finishing fifth and sixth, respectively, the finishes would've made for a good day for many, but not for Phoenix Motorsports – a team so good over multiple series that it’s come close to exhausting room to list all of its championships on the hauler’s side.

http://racing.ford.com/series/road-racing/news/articles/2014/07/boss-302rs-miss-podium-after-leading-early-in-indy.html

Contingency fees, entry fees, TV ads..etc and if they showed the infield, there was a fairly large crowd, remember Indy can hold about 250K people, just in the stands. What is remarkable, is that anyone can stand to watch the cup series after watching us and the prototypes. If you stand at the end of pit row in the grass area, the cars go from about 200 to 60 in what seems like 10 yards..remarkable.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/tudor-championship-indianapolis-race-recap-2014/12v90qxo

That's a nice showing the the PP team. I know there's a podium or first place finish out there for the team this season.

Was home on leave and got to go out and see the race - great show and as mentioned there were a lot of people out there (it is big). First time I've seen the Bosses run and seeing the cars after the race was great also.

I was able to make it up to Indy with my family yesterday and as mentioned earlier, there were a lot of people there at the race. IMS is so big and spread out and there are several great places to watch the action. This was my first time attending an IMSA sanctioned event like this, but it certainly will not be the last. We had a great time, really love the access that the series officials gives to the fans and the machines there were nothing short of amazing.
I was able to grab a few pictures of the Boss 302R machines that were competing yesterday. Highlight of the day for us was when the guys with the Racer's Edge Motorsport team pulled us aside and asked my 4 yr old son if he would like to climb aboard the #68 Boss 302R. Needless to say this made his day and is still telling everyone he sees about it some 36 hours later. Big thanks to the Racer's Edge Motorsport team for allowing him to do that.
IMG_1935-1.jpgIMG_1937.jpg IMG_1940.jpg

John at Racers Edge is an awesome guy, but ALL the teams in Continental are very fan friendly, next time you get a chance ask for "blacksheep" at our paddock and say hello.

TMO Supporting Vendors