The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang's to last 300k miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSN autos says "quality workmanship built engines will out last Porsche & BMW's"

Yup, I agree & cost less to get fixed if they do break
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/can-these-cars-go-300000-miles?icid=autos_3339#12

Cool.

"Can these cars go 300,000 miles?
Ford Mustang

Is it possible for a car to not only survive old age, but to become sexier with each passing decade? Nearly any car can weather the decades in a garage, but the Mustang has a shot at achieving vintage glory while in heavy rotation. The car's V6 and V8 engines are sturdy, workmanlike powerplants — nowhere near as breakdown-prone as those found in Porsches or BMWs — and this year, J.D. Power and Associates rated the Mustang highest in initial quality in its segment."

Both my Ford truck and my Ford Falcon have 300,000 miles on them. I don't see why this one couldn't, but I really don't want to get anywhere near there in my Boss.

TMSBOSS said:
300,000 miles.........

I have had the car for 22months now and have logged under 4000 miles.

Time to add the Boss to the will. ;D

Fixed that for you.........just out post whoring....nothing to see here.....move along

did 3000 within the first 2 weeks due to a nice trip down to the Tail of the Dragon. This summers trip is north to the Cabot Trail that will be a quick 2000 miles in a weekend. Can't wait.

Put 10,000 miles on the first yr I had my Boss (Oct 11 to Oct 12).. only a little over 2000 miles since then due to a tougher winter than last year...will surly make up the difference once the weather breaks & the days get longer.... ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors