The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My 1 of 1 2013 BOSS 302 LS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter
kyfigfam said:
The color is awesome but the paint job on this car is incredible. Glad to hear that the car ended up with a Boss fan and hasn't gone straight to the auction block. Enjoy this gem.
Thanks for commenting on the paint. The documentation I received with the vehicle states "Auto show treatment". I would guess that is why the paint looks so much nicer than a standard build. Here are some shots of my BOSS going through prepaint inspection and actually being painted:
photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

IMG_3497-vi.jpg

IMG_3498-vi.jpg

IMG_3499-vi.jpg

IMG_3502-vi.jpg

IMG_3503-vi.jpg

IMG_3504-vi.jpg

IMG_1645-vi.jpg

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
You are a very lucky person, very glad you registered it here and provided info.
There's others out there that people like ourselves will never see again.

Kind of funny it has the STD Boss stripes and the STD ford racing wheels in Black not Sterling grey like regular LS cars.
Just an observation on a cool car.

Beautiful car! I know it will probably never see the track (like mine) but be sure to enjoy some windy roads when you get a chance! love the pics of it in it's infancy. BTW....I bought 30 chances to try to win that baby...how many did you buy? just curious.

Russellsam said:
Kind of funny it has the STD Boss stripes and the STD ford racing wheels in Black not Sterling grey like regular LS cars.
Just an observation on a cool car.

the car was described by Dave Pericak (chief engineer behind mustang) at the raffle drawing. The paint was wet sanded and then polished for a show car finish, the wheels are Ford racing and the stripes have a gloss finish (the only one with gloss stripes).

Propilot

302BOB said:
Beautiful car! I know it will probably never see the track (like mine) but be sure to enjoy some windy roads when you get a chance! love the pics of it in it's infancy. BTW....I bought 30 chances to try to win that baby...how many did you buy? just curious.
I purchased 15 tickets.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Beautiful car, congrats ! Now get that baby on the track where she belongs ! ;D (yes, I'm biased).

-Pete

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Congrats! Great car and story. I too live in the SE Michigan area (Southgate) and would like to check it out in person sometime at a car show. Also, the Shelby American Club Motor City Region (http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/2013/) is giving new Boss owners a 1 year free membership. Contact Rich Tweedle at [email protected] to get signed up. They run some low cost Car Friendly track events and a car show at the Ford World HQ in Dearborn. PM me if you want more info.

Brian

Propilot

batman48195 said:
Congrats! Great car and story. I too live in the SE Michigan area (Southgate) and would like to check it out in person sometime at a car show. Also, the Shelby American Club Motor City Region (http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/2013/) is giving new Boss owners a 1 year free membership. Contact Rich Tweedle at [email protected] to get signed up. They run some low cost Car Friendly track events and a car show at the Ford World HQ in Dearborn. PM me if you want more info.

Brian
Brian,
Thanks for the heads up. I'll contact Rich when I get some time next week. I am in West Bloomfield. Weather permitting, I try to attend/support any of the local MS Society outdoor functions with my car. I also attend a weekly cruise-in on Friday evenings at a local gun club (http://www.multilakes.com/) from late spring to early fall. Hope to see you sometime.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Propilot said:
Brian,
Thanks for the heads up. I'll contact Rich when I get some time next week. I am in West Bloomfield. Weather permitting, I try to attend/support any of the local MS Society outdoor functions with my car. I also attend a weekly cruise-in on Friday evenings at a local gun club (http://www.multilakes.com/) from late spring to early fall. Hope to see you sometime.

Sounds good. I think I will be going to their first meeting of the year on January 3rd (Thursday). Here is the info on the meeting.

SAAC-MCR General Meeting

January 3, 2013

Pasquale’s Italian Restaurant
31555 Woodward Avenue, Royal Oak, MI

7 PM Social & Food

8 PM Meeting

Brian

I am glad I'm not you. It's a great car but what a dilemma. To save it as a 1 of 1 or drive the crap out of it.
Option A) I'm thinking sell it to a collector and then take the dump truck full of cash, buy a regular Boss/LS/302S and keep the rest of the cash for mods etc.
Option B) Store it and save it for you children or grand childrens college fund.
Option C) Have fun with it and do the show circuit as you seem to be doing now (Too much work for me to keep the car in show quality condition).
Option D) Throw caution to the wind and drive it like it is supposed to be driven.

I guess I would do Option C until I got tired and bored and then move to Option A.
Oh your a lucky Boy!

Guess I think differently, I would have to preserve it.... You would be super pissed if some moron comes along and takes out the side of it.

I love it! I live in Troy, lets drive the piss out of our Boss's's next summer. Congratulations and I am glad you are local, that car belongs on Woodward, forever!

TMO Supporting Vendors