The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My '12 Boss down the trail to a new corral

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Well, yesterday was my last ride with the Boss. Decided it was time to move on. Too much stuff in the garage, not tracking her as much as I did years ago, and 10 years of crawling on the floor etc for fluid changes and other track prep shows I'm not 20 anymore. My hobbies have always changed every few years (sometimes due to Air Force career moves resulting in different opportunities), but its been a fun 10 years with the Boss.
I'll probably find a Ranger forum and hang out there since one of those took the Boss's garage stall.
Its been fun hanging out here for all of these years. Lots of friendly, smart and helpful members here as we learned what mods best fit our plans, and hopefully the lessons I shared helped others as well.
So the Mustang/All Ford Roundup XI at MPH this fall won't have car #510. The Roundups were a great time and only missed a couple of the first 10.
I took some of the easy mods off (Watson roll bar, Petersen catch can, diff breather can, Mach1's harness anchor bar to name a few) that will show up in the for sale section here soon.
Thanks to everyone for making this site the best forum around.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wayne was always there to help anyone and he kept that pony at full gallop all the time. Smooth driver and he will definitely be missed as Tyme noted. I never quite talked him into running wider tires as he was on the edge of super quick. Wayne often opted for tiny rubberized donuts that were more endurance than outright gumballs, yet he kept up with the Tracksters on the stickies! I would not be surprised to see him back in a Mach 1 or similar in the coming years because he is going to miss us, ha,ha!

TMO Supporting Vendors