The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss and the DC area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

I have just moved up to the DC area (Arlington) from SC and looking for some advice. Firstly are there any Ford dealerships in the area that you would recommend? I usually do everything myself however I no longer have access to a lift or an area suited to any sort of car work. Having said that I have been locked in a search for either someone in the area with a lift that I could use, or a recommendation as to where I could take my Boss for any needed service.

I am also looking to get involved in any local clubs or events. feel free to PM me with any info. Thanks guys.

Nick

I bought my Boss from Sheey Ford in Springfield VA. They installed the Track Key and gave me a free oil change. They were very friendly but can't really vouch for their long term service just yet because I have not had any real work done. There is also a performance car shop in the same area just off 95 S called American High Performance. I spoke to some of them at a car show a while back and they seemed knowledgeable and friendly.

As for events there are quite a few around here and some big events like Ocean City and Maple Grove. There is a a quite large car show in Charlotte Hall MD every spring that display lots or real cars Drivers not trailer queens and there is a Southern MD Mustang Club that meets every week. There is also a Decent Drag Strip, Maryland International Raceway also called Budds Creek that usually has something going every weekend.

Welcome to the area and traffic hell :)

Don't forget to visit Skyline Drive this fall, the colors and roads are nice.

TMO Supporting Vendors