The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss arrived at the Dealership today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: My Boss arrived at the Dealership today!

JeffIsHereToo said:
Looking at the trailer this looks like a dealer trade right? Do you know where it came from?

This type of tranportation is quite common in this area for the Mustang. I see them all the time. It is due to the Ford dealers in southeast Michigan being so close to AAI, and Mustang volume is nothing like the F150. The Dearborn Truck Plant will ship F150's on the large convoy trailers, because the dealers order more of them.

It makes me wonder if the rest of the 13 BOSS 302's are shipping then, or at least trickling out... if the Michgan dealers are getting some (wither it be pre-sold cars or allocations).

I goat say though, if I can find one at a local dealer that fits what I ordered from my main dealer and they have a good deal on it, SOLD... This waiting is craziness. and the delay's are worse. Heck if I was still a Chevy Man, I would have given up on the BOSS already and got a Camaro SS ZR2 as they have started hitting dealerships already, and they started their builds after Ford did.

I am a loyal Ford guy now though, so I guess I will have to wait (very impatiently).
:p

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Congrats! SBY is not for me, but I can see why others my like it!

As far as the hand wringing and complaining about delays about the shipping and delivery of built Boss Mustangs goes... same thing happened last year. There will be delays. I watched all the guys on TMS last year spaz out month after month waiting for their cars with amusement. Now I have my own Boss on order, but understand it will get here 'when it get's here'.

If the wait is intolerable, by all means go buy one you can find sitting on another dealer's lot. I'm sure I would get frustrated also if my car was built and then sat on Ramp 51 for weeks or even months! It's human nature to lust after such a fine automobile, and venting on forums allows folks to feel a little better. The ordeal 'StillIntense' from TMS went through last year after multiple delays, pushed back delivery dates, broken promises, was infamous. We should all pray we don't go through what he did.

Misery loves company, so maybe a separate thread can be created where people list their build quarter, status, eta, & location can serve as a reference for all? There are a bunch of other guys who have posted they also have Q3 builds, and we are all very much interested as to when they will start being built, and then the 3.5 to 5 week total transit time from when it rolls off the production line, and then through AAI, loaded on a train or local truck delivery (MI folks), and then the final leg from the regional rail yard to your dealer. My Boss will travel ~800 miles by rail from MI to a big rail yard in Ayer, MA, and then make the final leg of the journey by truck to southern NH. I estimate it will take 4-5 weeks from production to delivery to my dealer, provided there are no additional holds, due to defects, or shortage of materials.

One question yet to be answered, "When does one quarter stop and another begin?". Is it the standard jan/mar, apr/jun, jul/sept,oct/dec? Or is there a gray area where a Q1 car doesn't get built for whatever reason, and slips to Q2, because I have heard stories of this before, especially last year with the paint pigment shortage after the tsunami. Now this year I've seen a post about a plastic plant in Germany possibly affecting some automotive manufacturers...

For those who haven't run across this old post, it's a great reference into the process by which Ford manages materials and production to get our vehicles built. There's a minor error in the example used for prioritizing builds between dealers, but as you follow the logic, it's not too hard to spot the mistake and can understand what he was trying to convey. Note that the total message runs across a few posts, so read on past the first one so you can get the full picture.

Allocations and ordering process explained...

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=2346&highlight=priority+codes

I was thinking of condensing down the content of this thread, and making it a sticky, but, um, I'm not a moderator... ;)

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Hey Batman,

If all goes well I'll be picking up my car at the end of May. I'm looking for a reliable auto transport carrier and was wondering if the transport company that delivered your vehicle is local or do they also do interstate transport to? I need to ship my vehicle from FL to VA. Also, had you looked over the vehicle closely yet, any nicks, and were you pleased with the transport company?

Thanks a bunch,

MMD

jmbboss302 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Looking at the trailer this looks like a dealer trade right? Do you know where it came from?

This type of tranportation is quite common in this area for the Mustang. I see them all the time. It is due to the Ford dealers in southeast Michigan being so close to AAI, and Mustang volume is nothing like the F150. The Dearborn Truck Plant will ship F150's on the large convoy trailers, because the dealers order more of them.

Awwwwww! Gotcha! Thanks!

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)

JeffIsHereToo said:
jmbboss302 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:

Awwwwww! Gotcha! Thanks!
Does one interpret your response to mean that the transporters are only locals that work for the Ford plant only?

dvendet

TMO Supporting Vendors