The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss has been Passed Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My son has passed the bar exam and he has admired my Boss for the past year. Last week I handed him the keys to the Boss as his gift for going straight through his bachelors, masters, law school, and passing the bar. I have told him about this forum and that he should join soon. So if you see my Boss under a new name it will be my son. Treat him good as he is a rookie.

For me, I went a bit different and moved to a corvette. Since the new stingray is coming out in the fall, there are good deals on the 2013 models. 6.2V8, 436HP, 428 lb-ft of torque. Had 4 miles on the speedometer when I drove it away. Would have liked to get the ZR1 but I did not have $100K for it.

I have to say I miss the Boss. Maybe my son will let me drive it from time to time.

Thanks all and have a great summer.

quick pic of the new vette.

IMG_0741_zps45c4dfde.jpg

But but, it's all shiny and Chevy like. :D Congrats to your son on a job well done, hope he enjoys the Boss. The Corvette? Well ........ Hope you enjoy that too. ;D

Vermont
Wow, what a present! I would like to have seen your son's reaction when you handed him the keys.

Law school is no easy ride. My daughter just finished her first year and you know what, she loves my Mustangs. She better not see this thread.

7013Boss said:
Wow, what a present! I would like to have seen your son's reaction when you handed him the keys.

Law school is no easy ride. My daughter just finished her first year and you know what, she loves my Mustangs. She better not see this thread.

Best of luck to your daughter as it is tuff and from what my son says the bar exam is worse.

Just how attached are you to your mustangs? I am sure she would love one.

Vermont
knappj69 said:
Best of luck to your daughter as it is tuff and from what my son says the bar exam is worse.

Just how attached are you to your mustangs? I am sure she would love one.

Well, she has to learn to drive a standard first. ;D My '70 Boss 302 does not have power steering - it's a real effort to maneuver at low speeds and don't even think about parallel parking it! And you have to crank the windows up and down, no A/C, no cruise or tilt and an AM radio. Between the '70 and '13, I'm pretty sure I know which one she'd want. I could never give up the '70 anyway, despite its lack of modern conveniences. It does seem to turn more heads than the new one. BTW, have fun with your new Vette and I hope your son lets you drive his new Boss.

Nice Vette and your son is lucky to have you as a dad. Please have him join the forum so he can help keep his Boss alive and well.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Great present for your son...I don't think I could give up the BOSS for a non-Z06, however, or the new Stingray.

That LS3 is a great engine, though!

TMO Supporting Vendors