The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dig-It said:
Great news for you Gary! I wonder if the trans scoop will need to be removed to change the oil?
That's a good question.......
18-2012-boss-302-underside.jpg

Looks like it would run down the scoop in this photo...I think you could put some cardboard over it if that's the case. You should be able to get at the drain plug though.
17-2012-boss-302-underside.jpg

16-2012-boss-302-underside.jpg

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
cloud9 said:
Looks like it would run down the scoop in this photo...I think you could put some cardboard over it if that's the case. You should be able to get at the drain plug though.
Those are the same pics I was looking at when the question came to mind. Cardboard might work. I was thinking about carving up a cheap plastic funnel to channel the oil away from the scoop - if it's needed. I guess I'll rely on your findings since you're about to get your car.

Dig-It said:
cloud9 said:
Those are the same pics I was looking at when the question came to mind. Cardboard might work. I was thinking about carving up a cheap plastic funnel to channel the oil away from the scoop - if it's needed. I guess I'll rely on your findings since you're about to get your car.
Yea I'll check back once we put it on. It will be pretty clear when we put it on the lift and bolt it on. The unit is just a direct replacement for the factory brace with the metal "pan" welded to it. I think you could take your factory brace to a local welder and fab it, but probably not worth the hassle for $117 retail.

cloud9 said:
Yea I'll check back once we put it on. It will be pretty clear when we put it on the lift and bolt it on. The unit is just a direct replacement for the factory brace with the metal "pan" welded to it. I think you could take your factory brace to a local welder and fab it, but probably not worth the hassle for $117 retail.
Looking at it, I'm thinking I might try to fab something that's somewhat removeable so you don't make a mess when you change the oil. Weld a couple threaded tabs on the brace so you can undo the tray and swing it out of the way ...

GA
cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Yea, it's funny. Getting the GT500 out has taken a bit of the edge off. I'm just slightly more patient right now :p If it makes it this weekend, great, but if not, I'm planning on getting the wife's Mustang out of storage and powerwashing the garage floors so we're in full summer mode when it gets here next week.
Wow a three Mustang family, impressive! What Mustang is your wife driving?
She drives the Poonstang :D It's a Warriors in Pink version Ford came out with in '08. She decided it was missing something and had the over the top stripes painted on to match the Shelby. Once they painted those, the vinyl rocker stripes left a bit to be desired so she had those painted as well. She also thought she needed a hood scoop. When we were ordering it, I asked her several times if she wouldn't rather have a GT and she said she didn't need the hp, just the vert. After she got it, I was online and ordering a CAI and tune from Lethal Performance LOL. She was used to driving V-8 sedans and SUVs.

My Bullitt's stable mate is one of those. All stock though. It is actually the first WIP convertible off the assembly line.
Nice ;)

Were you and your wife at the 45th Anniversary Celebration at Barber? My fiancee said she spoke with a couple who had a black WIP vert with pink Shelby stripes. Sandra is a tall redhead with glasses.

OAC_Sparky said:
cloud9 said:
Looking at it, I'm thinking I might try to fab something that's somewhat removeable so you don't make a mess when you change the oil. Weld a couple threaded tabs on the brace so you can undo the tray and swing it out of the way ...
That sounds like a pretty good idea. Since I already bought the scoop, I'll have to see if I can make it work. If it does hang below the oil pan, I think your idea would be the way to go. You could fairly easily replicate the scoop if you had the dimensions.

PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Yea, it's funny. Getting the GT500 out has taken a bit of the edge off. I'm just slightly more patient right now :p If it makes it this weekend, great, but if not, I'm planning on getting the wife's Mustang out of storage and powerwashing the garage floors so we're in full summer mode when it gets here next week.
She drives the Poonstang :D It's a Warriors in Pink version Ford came out with in '08. She decided it was missing something and had the over the top stripes painted on to match the Shelby. Once they painted those, the vinyl rocker stripes left a bit to be desired so she had those painted as well. She also thought she needed a hood scoop. When we were ordering it, I asked her several times if she wouldn't rather have a GT and she said she didn't need the hp, just the vert. After she got it, I was online and ordering a CAI and tune from Lethal Performance LOL. She was used to driving V-8 sedans and SUVs.

My Bullitt's stable mate is one of those. All stock though. It is actually the first WIP convertible off the assembly line.
Nice ;)

Were you and your wife at the 45th Anniversary Celebration at Barber? My fiancee said she spoke with a couple who had a black WIP vert with pink Shelby stripes. Sandra is a tall redhead with glasses.
Sorry not I

GA
cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:

Nice ;)

Sorry not I

I guess someone else had the same idea. ;)

Yep left Cottage Grove at 5:00 a.m. and it's about a 4-5 hour drive to Sioux Falls. I just don't know if they'll have other stops before here or if the Boss is the first drop.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel