The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My wife just IM'd me "Hope we don't get the large hail they are forecasting for tonight - don't need a brand new car with hail damage." Sad part is she was talking about our teenage son's Focus!!! ROFLMAO! She forgot mine was on the way. Murphy's Law. Oh well, hopefully the weather man has his usual accuracy :-\

Well you did get the car cover...but I'm thinking if there isn't enough covered shelter that the Boss won't be the one outside with the cover on it!

cloud9 said:
My wife just IM'd me "Hope we don't get the large hail they are forecasting for tonight - don't need a brand new car with hail damage." Sad part is she was talking about our teenage son's Focus!!! ROFLMAO! She forgot mine was on the way. Murphy's Law. Oh well, hopefully the weather man has his usual accuracy :-\

Hopefully yours will be riding on the bottom and not the top. 8)

Well Jim as a matter of fact.....I went and paid for it this morning It's raining like crazy and then heading down into the 30s for the next several days. I'm trying to get a track day in on April 9th so I just went in this morning and had them put on the trans cooling scoop, brake cooling kit and sent it over to the body shop for tinting. Assuming it doesn't snow tomorrow I'll pick it up then. We pulled the discs out and now it sounds great It's a little too quiet for my taste from the factory. With the discs out it's purrfect. I took some pics on the digital camera but don't have the software at the office so I'll download those tonight. :D

Unfortunately no driving impressions for you since it wouldn't tell you much as wet and cold as the roads are right now. It did look good though. I'm very happy with my color choice.

WoooHoooo! Nearly as good as if I was getting mine! If I were a bit closer I'd be bugging you for a ride this weekend. But c'mon...how about your first impressions? It had to have been a life event moment!

Thanks guys. Winding things up at the office soon so I'll get some pics when I get home. They're mostly of the car torn apart getting all cut up with track parts lol. The indoor lighting on these cars isn't nearly as spectacular as outside, but it does look really good in person.

Jim if you were a bit closer, I'd take you up on it. I need to get some miles on this thing so I can make a track day on April 9th. The weather just looks crappy for the next week. The tint is done now but they wanted to keep it inside to let it dry overnight due to the cool wet weather. As long as it's not snowing tomorrow, screw it I'm getting it out and starting to put some miles on it. It's going to be hard to break it in aggressively as I'd like since traction will be non-existent in 30+ degree temps.

Next week looks better in the 40s and 50s. Man, it's been a long winter.......

Sorry I'm not acting more excited guys....it's just a bit of a buzzkill cuz I haven't had the chance to drive it, but the upside is I have almost everything ready for tracking it. Gauge is in, trans cooling scoop is on, brake kit installed, ordered tires this morning, TPMS for the track wheels in route, and the wheels are sitting in my garage. All I need to do is flush brake fluid and put the track rotors and pads on before loading it on the trailer. Oh, and break it in! It's all good! :D

DT

Gary, (xcuse me while I remove the noose and step down from this chair...) congrats man!

#69?

Was at a State Trooper conference when I got the news - in. Spare you all the FACT my girlfriend (wife of 39 still a Foxbody) doesn't want to hear.

C Note. Yup, 100.

Pick it up tomorrow but snapped a couple of pics and young dealer son of old father I know told me never have they had the attention even through hidden way in the back inside.

2 kids detailing told me protected so I hit 'em both with a 5 spot.

My Trooper pals have INSTANT lazer tech yet admit they can never catch me.

We're all very lucky.

In the ring.

DT

DT

Are you making fun of me? Not my fault - 6 months in desert of White Sands training outside.

Pulled corks on side exhaust today and a 5/16 hole goes Hollywood.

Color is Radioactive...

DT said:
Are you making fun of me? Not my fault - 6 months in desert of White Sands training outside.

Pulled corks on side exhaust today and a 5/16 hole goes Hollywood.

Color is Radioactive...
Werd, now try losing them ;D

2012 Boss racer

Well it looks like my boss is finally on it's way! It left flat rock at 3:04 this morning. I was hoping to have it by now, but now they are calling for snow this weekend, so I guess it's a good thing it's behind schedule. Looks like it should be here around the middle of next week, which is still good, because it will be making it's car show debut on april 2.

2012 Boss racer said:
Well it looks like my boss is finally on it's way! It left flat rock at 3:04 this morning. I was hoping to have it by now, but now they are calling for snow this weekend, so I guess it's a good thing it's behind schedule. Looks like it should be here around the middle of next week, which is still good, because it will be making it's car show debut on april 2.
Congratulations!

Did you get the rail car number from the VVS, car is sitting in Lot 51 now need to know what I should be checking to track it.

FCS said my CO/B is in transit. How long before I will be able to get a railcar number so I start tracking? I was so excited when she told me it was in transit I almost wet my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBlues9108 said:
cloud9 said:
OK no kidding it's on a rail car. Rail car # SP 517499 Canadian National Railways.....choo choo!!!!!
I posted the rail tracking info in the second quarter boss order thread. Good luck!

How did you track your Boss on Canadian National Railways? Mine shipped today!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel