The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss is on order!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another Boss at MSRP Competition Orange with Black, Recaros/Torsen and accessory package. ;D I just love that color combo!

It's scheduled for production January 18th and I should have it by mid-March. I'm already working on mods! :D

Cool, I look forward to reading your comparison between the Boss and your GT500. I hope it arrives early!

5 DOT 0 said:
Cool, I look forward to reading your comparison between the Boss and your GT500. I hope it arrives early!
You know that's one thing I'm a little worried about. I saw some lap times from the tests that were done between the Boss, GT500 and Laguna Seca. The GT500 was right there between the two but they were all within 1.5 seconds AND the Laguna Seca was on the R-compound tires it comes with and the other two on street tires. So the net out is they are all very close.

With as highly modified as my GT500 is, I'm afraid I'll kick my own ass with my GT500. That said, I still want to get away from a super-charged car on the road course. I can't wait to wind this thing to 7500 (maybe higher with an after-market tune :-\) I also think the Boss will be more balanced, easier on parts (particularly brakes and tires) and allow for later braking. It will be an interesting comparison, but at the end of the day I think they are very different cars. My GT500 is a raped ape. I expect the Boss to still be fast, but much more refined and agile.

cloud9 said:
You know that's one thing I'm a little worried about. I saw some lap times from the tests that were done between the Boss, GT500 and Laguna Seca. The GT500 was right there between the two but they were all within 1.5 seconds AND the Laguna Seca was on the R-compound tires it comes with and the other two on street tires. So the net out is they are all very close.
Do you have a link to the tests? I haven't read anything about a test between the three. I'm sure the R tires are good for at about a second a lap on most tracks.

cloud9 said:
Another Boss at MSRP Competition Orange with Black, Recaros/Torsen and accessory package. ;D I just love that color combo!

It's scheduled for production January 18th and I should have it by mid-March. I'm already working on mods! :D

Wow! Congrats on the color and early build !

cloud9 said:
It will be an interesting comparison, but at the end of the day I think they are very different cars. I expect the Boss to still be fast, but much more refined and agile.

you got it. I imagine there are many tracks were a 911 turbo is as fast as a GT3....the drive however is completely different.

cloud9 said:

Very nice! I wanted Orange and Black so bad but performance won out over looks. So the wait is on for my Black LS to arrive, but hey i have plenty of time to make room in the garage while i wait on my late Christmas gift to myself.

5 DOT 0 said:
Do dealers pay the dealer invoice amount or do they pay less?

By law all dealers pay the same price for a specific vehicle (invoice). Typically invoice includes a 3% hold back amount to be paid back to the dealer at a later date. MFG can offer backend retail incentives but rarely do the include special or limited edition models.

Polaristxguy said:
By law all dealers pay the same price for a specific vehicle (invoice). Typically invoice includes a 3% hold back amount to be paid back to the dealer at a later date. MFG can offer backend retail incentives but rarely do the include special or limited edition models.

correct, which is why a dealer will sometimes sell a little below invoice to get rid of a vehicle that has sat around a while. An example of a back end incentive might be like $100 per mustang sold payable at a certain number of units (just an example).

Well I got an email from my dealer that my car is a Priority #1! That's good in that it will be the next Mustang built for their dealership. They thought I'd have a build date and VIN by next week at the latest.

TMO Supporting Vendors