The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My brain hurts/ airbag recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I'm being inundated with registered letters, mailers, phone calls and text messages about my 06 Mustang and it's ( now non existant) air bags.
After much discussion with the ( not really) local Ford dealer and Ford customer service, I have gotten no where.
So.. I decided to take the car to the dealer while on the phone with Ford and their recall rep. Stupid me.. I'm thinking if i get all the people together the issue can be resolved. So I'm on the phone with Ford, while the Ford rep calls the service manager that I'm staring at.
So.
What was the solution you ask?
There is none, the car would have to be put back original, the airbags replaced, and then the car could be taken off the recall list.
Clearly there is no common sense left in this country. I'm at the dealer so the car can be inspected, yet.. nothing can be done. I'm going to get recall notices for the next millenia i guess.
Srsly Ford, someone needs to get their heads out of their arse.

20210617_112008.jpg

Blacksheep1, I was getting many recall notices too for My Boss for airbags....Since I ignored them all, My dealer finally agreed to send a technician over to my house to fix the recall problem....it took less than an 1/2 hour..... They just want to get you off they're recall list...the ball is in your court!
Didn't work for me

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
So I'm being inundated with registered letters, mailers, phone calls and text messages about my 06 Mustang and it's ( now non existant) air bags.
After much discussion with the ( not really) local Ford dealer and Ford customer service, I have gotten no where.
So.. I decided to take the car to the dealer while on the phone with Ford and their recall rep. Stupid me.. I'm thinking if i get all the people together the issue can be resolved. So I'm on the phone with Ford, while the Ford rep calls the service manager that I'm staring at.
So.
What was the solution you ask?
There is none, the car would have to be put back original, the airbags replaced, and then the car could be taken off the recall list.
Clearly there is no common sense left in this country. I'm at the dealer so the car can be inspected, yet.. nothing can be done. I'm going to get recall notices for the next millenia i guess.
Srsly Ford, someone needs to get their heads out of their arse.

View attachment 66057
Same deal here....I've told them 100 times the car is a race car and there are no air bags....at all.
I finally told them if they need to come out and zip tie one to the roll cage to satisfy the powers that be they were welcome to, but no. It has to be fully operational. I think next time I'm just going to tell them the car was sold or destroyed or something.

Sal. Just tell whoever is bothering to come and visit you and your Stang and things will work out for the both of you. If they are unwilling to do that, then tell them to stick their problems up their................................family show, coulda be careful here..............................

ny
Got them to. Call only opening is in winter boss ls doesn't come out in winter. Call # multiple times have tech come to me. None avaible ok take to dealer no air bags available. WTF

Gee you have too much time on your hands if you got time to dink around with Ford.
Now it's becoming a crusade for me to annoy the crap out of ford as much as possible.
Srsly, I'm talking to the recall guy, who's talking to the service manager 3 feet away from me and he won't get off his dead *** to even go look at the car that took me 45 minutes to get there.
"Cry HAVOC
and unleash the dogs of war!"

I'm still getting recall notices for my '06 Mustang that I traded in to my local Ford dealer in 2013 to buy my Boss 302. On paper, I'm the last owner of the car. When I pull a Car Fax, there is no history of ownership after I sold it to the dealer. I have no idea what happened to it after I traded it in. I've called Ford and told them I don't own the car anymore. The mailings haven't stopped. Ford has even sent a rep to my house without any notice or warning.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel