The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

my car thinks I can't drive!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I have a 2012 boss 302 and it has changed steering angle several times on the track. It feels like a tug on the steering wheel and it's terrifying. It set a couple of codes once, C1B00 and U3000. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the steering rack but it didn't fix the problem. Took It back again but there were no codes this time. They said the car is trying to correct for something I did. Last time it did it, it took me off the track. I tried with advancetrack on, sport and off - none fixed the issue. Trackey and street key, same issue although it happens a lot less often with the trackey which leads me to think the dealer is right because steering calibration would be less aggressive with the trackey. its very scary to lose steering control mid corner and disappointing. Any ideas? How do i fix it? Can i pull the fuse for stability control all together or disconnect the yaw sensor?

When you say you tried with traction control off, did you hold the button down for 10-15 seconds or just press it once? You may know this but thought I'd check since I owned my car for several months before realizing there were 2 different "off" modes. Holding the traction control button down will deactivate the system entirely, while pushing it once only deactivates forward/engine slip/traction.

This won't correct a problem but it may help with your confidence on track.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
F.D. Sako said:
Maybe you're experiencing what these guys went through?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5170.msg78875#msg78875

No it's not a shake. It's one distinct tug on the steering wheel in the opposite direction of the corner.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
KBBOSS1086 said:
When you say you tried with traction control off, did you hold the button down for 10-15 seconds or just press it once? You may know this but thought I'd check since I owned my car for several months before realizing there were 2 different "off" modes. Holding the traction control button down will deactivate the system entirely, while pushing it once only deactivates forward/engine slip/traction.

This won't correct a problem but it may help with your confidence on track.

Yea I didn't realize you could do that either for a while but I did try that and it unfortunately didn't fix it.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
Senderofan said:
So....could this be bump steer? Any modifications to the suspension? Just a thought.

no, front end is all stock besides wheels and tires. it's definitely not bump steer. I think it's similar to this:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/service-advancetrac-501321/

post #15 seems to have hit the nail on the head. It seems to only happen when I'm on the gas, turning and going uphill or downhill.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
any ideas? did anyone here run into the same issue and found a fix for it? there are a lot of elevation changes at the track I go to so it's an issue in many corners.

TMO Supporting Vendors