The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Christmas present to my car. Bret Barber intake and throttle body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got my intake and throttle body ported by Bret Barber. What cannot be seen in the picture is how deep into the runners he gets.

Shout out to Bret and all his people. They were quick to answer questions and quick turn around.

As for performance? Haven't had it on track yet. My butt dyno says it's stronger from 3500-7200 with no loss of torque down low. If I ever get to a dyno I'll post up results....

So they ported your stock Boss 302 intake? Cant wait to see the dyno results. This has the making of a sweet little before and after thread :D

how much does something like that cost before shipping?

What was the turn around time?
It was $400 for the intake and throttle body, $250 for the intake alone. I haven't had it on a dyno but he claims 10-15 hp with the intake alone. I figure even if it's only 10, it's at least a $1000 cheaper than a CJ.

I really wanted to keep the Boss a Boss. If I didn't care I'd do a ported 2018 intake from him. He claims almost the same peak power and rpm with a lot more torque than the ported Boss, for $600 intake included......

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel