The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

my corner weight numbers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, everyone is so dyno number happy. i thought i would post my corner weight numbers!

specs: 2011 gt turned boss, TD 18x10, h&r race springs and koni yellows, hotchkis UCA and adj panhard, light flywheel and driveshaft, battery relocation kit
conditions: 1/8 tank of gas, 185lb of all american me

weights with driver, since they matter more:

LF: 1053
RF: 953
LR: 902
RR: 870
DIST %: 53.1/46.9
CROSS%: 50.9/49.1
TOTAL: 3778

i have to say, i am really happy to have only a 0.9% cross difference when i have little ability to change it without adjustable height coilovers! and if i had a full tank of gas, i would definitely be in the 52.X% range.

now, to maximize my potential in the TT3 group, with my rwhp, i can be as low as 3700 (after the race). so, i have to figure out how to dump 78lbs...off the front only;)

doing so, takes me to 52.1/47.9 distribution. but thats a very tall order! k-member? steeda rad support? thats maybe 20lbs?

pufferfish said:
ell,
pufferfish said:
now, to maximize my potential in the TT3 group, with my rwhp, i can be as low as 3700 (after the race). so, i have to figure out how to dump 78lbs...off the front only;)

doing so, takes me to 52.1/47.9 distribution. but thats a very tall order! k-member? steeda rad support? thats maybe 20lbs?

Here is the info on rad support. I made this change when I made a radiator change:

Steeda Mustang Lightweight Radiator Support 555-5080 $200
Stock part 21 lbs, Steeda part 7 lbs, 14 lb reduction.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Didn't expect that kind of weight savings! That's great bang for the buck! Any issues or compromises with it?

pufferfish said:
Didn't expect that kind of weight savings! That's great bang for the buck! Any issues or compromises with it?

No issues. My mechanic that did the work had a few hose issues with the new rad but not with the support. Other than that the install went well and no issues since then.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel