The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My First Time on Track Please Take a Look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Just got back from Utah Motorsports Campus. GT350 Track Attack was probably the most fun day I've had in the car hobby in over 25 years. My goal was to have fun with my son (who attended as a non driver), and learn as much as possible. Here's a clip of a my few laps of the last session. Please feel free to let me know what you think. We got to run West Track...it was a blast!

Last edited:
Nice and smooth. Did you run the whole day on the West track? Is your son old enough to drive?

Also check your video settings so it can be viewed outside of youtube.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Thank you! Yes, we ran West the whole day. They were setting up for Nitro Circus this weekend on the East Track

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great track and in my opinion you were lucky to run the West portion of the track as it is faster and flows smoother imho. Always fun to experience something like this with a son or daughter ----- so next school you go to, wait till you can both drive. Did that twice with my son and will never forget those experiences.

You have a PM

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Great track and in my opinion you were lucky to run the West portion of the track as it is faster and flows smoother imho. Always fun to experience something like this with a son or daughter ----- so next school you go to, wait till you can both drive. Did that twice with my son and will never forget those experiences.

You have a PM
Its was an awesome time with him and he learned a lot. When we go carting he's faster than me...I'm sure the track would be no different with a little practice.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Feel free to call me if you want a few minor critiques. I sold my GT 350 to get a Boss 302S , as wanted to get back to door to door instead of just Time Trials. There are times I miss the GT 350 -- remarkable machine!!

402-677-5864

Thanks for your sacrifices , appreciate your USAF service. Just an Air Force Brat , here, but do understand the time and loss of family time those that support our Country , endure.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Feel free to call me if you want a few minor critiques. I sold my GT 350 to get a Boss 302S , as wanted to get back to door to door instead of just Time Trials. There are times I miss the GT 350 -- remarkable machine!!

402-677-5864

Thanks for your sacrifices , appreciate your USAF service. Just an Air Force Brat , here, but do understand the time and loss of family time those that support our Country , endure.

Thank you. I was an honor to do so. Best decision I ever made. Not a lot of people realize but, you as a military dependent sacrificed as well...it’s not easy at times being part of a military family.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You are quite welcome and it is a sacrifice Military families accept, and though not easy , it can often make the times together much closer and cherished.

My son whips me in Autocrosses ( where I had him begin racing with me, many years back ), but since he seldom gets on a Road Course , he still can't catch the old man there, ha!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
James, one of our instructors was super nice and his method of teaching was outstanding. He and my son hit it off so when hot laps came up I knew where my son was headed. Afterwards my son jumped out of the car more excited than I've seen in years...I made sure I got the same ride.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel