The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My first track day - Sonoma Raceway - Shelby Mini-Nats 31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's up guys/gals. I just got done with my first (kind of) track day and I think I'm hooked. It was technically my second time on a track but this was the first time I took my own car out. The only other time before this was the Track Attack in Utah. I was in the Yellow/Novice group and this was the last couple of laps from my final/4th run of the day. I had an absolute blast and now I know why so many of you track your cars so often. Being able to actually explore the limits of these cars is such an amazing experience. I can't wait to get back out there but I don't know if my wallet can handle more than 1 or 2 days a year.

Sorry for the over-exposed video. I didn't set up my GoPro in the best spot. I should have put it on my windshield instead of my back window but I didn't want anything blocking my view. I'll try to get a better video next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCKyGAtQzYU

Sweet!! And of course you're hooked...it's like a heroin addiction just more expensive.

For the GoPro, you can set it up for spot focus instead of average (or whatever the default is called). It sets the exposure to the center of the screen, it's worked pretty well for me. Just make sure the center of the screen is the windshield and you'll be good to go!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If you have a HERO3 Black or newer GoPro, try turning on the "Spot Metering" feature. That is what I use for filming from basically the same location and it typically turns out very well.

TMO Supporting Vendors