The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Impatience Got the Better of Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ordered a Boss through a dealer near Dallas (Kona Blue, Recaro seats) for MSRP. It is supposed to be here in May, but with all the stories about delays in manufacturing I don't feel like it will be completed on time.

After an obsessive, exhaustive internet search, involving about 50 dealerships, 20 emails and several phone calls, I found a 2012 Mustang Boss 302, Kona Blue with Recaros in a small town about 4 hours from here. Color me paranoid, but those are all the details I will share for now.

I am selling my car (2003 Mustang GT) on Monday to CarMax to complete the downpayment and I'm flying out to get the Boss on Wednesday and driving back.

More to come by Wednesday, followed by a ton of pics on Tuesday. If the deal falls through, expect a profanity laden rant by as early as Friday. If they sell the Boss from beneath me after I sell my car, I'll probably just walk into Mexico and renounce my US citizenship. :-[

You haven't canceled your original order have you? I've been thinking about doing the same thing but haven't found one locally. Good luck!

I meant to say expect a ton of pics on Thursday, as Thursday typically follows Wednesday on this planet. Hey, it was early, sue me.

Almost did the same thing. Even located 2 near me at Msrp. Dealer was being not able to tell me when the car was going to be built. After I cancelled the order FCS & a zone rep called me back and told me the car would be built in April, barring any delays. So, I'm guessing built in May, delivered in June/July

GA
12BossKB said:
I ordered a Boss through a dealer near Dallas (Kona Blue, Recaro seats) for MSRP. It is supposed to be here in May, but with all the stories about delays in manufacturing I don't feel like it will be completed on time.

After an obsessive, exhaustive internet search, involving about 50 dealerships, 20 emails and several phone calls, I found a 2012 Mustang Boss 302, Kona Blue with Recaros in a small town about 4 hours from here. Color me paranoid, but those are all the details I will share for now.

I am selling my car (2003 Mustang GT) on Monday to CarMax to complete the downpayment and I'm flying out to get the Boss on Wednesday and driving back.

More to come by Wednesday, followed by a ton of pics on Tuesday. If the deal falls through, expect a profanity laden rant by as early as Friday. If they sell the Boss from beneath me after I sell my car, I'll probably just walk into Mexico and renounce my US citizenship. :-[

Congrats. Hurry up though- if someone who has a good relationship with the dealer wants it, you might lose it. If had the money I would have been able to buy one out from under someone who was coming in to my dealer.

Sold my '03 Mustang GT today to cover the downpayment on my Boss. It was a bittersweet experience. My GT was a great car. It never broke down on me. It had 79000 miles on it when I sold it. The only money I put into it other than oil changes was a clutch and pair of brake calipers. Goodbye, old friend.

12BossKB said:
Sold my '03 Mustang GT today to cover the downpayment on my Boss. It was a bittersweet experience. My GT was a great car. It never broke down on me. It had 79000 miles on it when I sold it. The only money I put into it other than oil changes was a clutch and pair of brake calipers. Goodbye, old friend.
Looking forward to your pics Thursday ;D We'll understand if you don't get to it until this weekend though. Hope you have a great delivery experience and go enjoy the new Boss!

I bought a pair of plane tickets to fly from Houston to San Antonio. The dealership is in Hondo, TX, which is about an hour from San Antonio. The dealership is graciously sending a car for me. My 14-year-old son and I are flying together and driving back to Houston in my new Boss. I hope he remembers this day and tells his children about it.

I'm not worried about anyone buying the car "from beneath" me. I'm wrapping this deal up en la mañana and there is nothing for it. So, I had to pay $3k over sticker for the car. "edit". I want it and I'm taking it. I promise to post something as soon as the car is officially mine.

My earliest memories are of me holding the flashlight for my dad as he worked on the '32 Woodie Wagon. I was about two. I'd be shocked if your son doesn't remember it for the rest of his life. Should be a blast!

TMO Supporting Vendors