The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My last track day of the season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is the Roush #61 car through that sweeper going onto the front straight...looks like there are some G's involved!

02-boss-302r-new-jersey-2011.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I was at LRP as well on Monday and got to meet and speak with Ron a little. He gave me a few tips on tires and brakes (gonna try the carbotechs next season) and we got to check out each others cars. The LS is a very cool piece of kit. He graciously offered to take me out to show off but as the run groups were spaced so close and Im not a good passenger I declined. I did do some timing and roketman ran some consistent 1:00.xx laps and at least one 59.xx that I marked. I on the other hand was in the 1:06's with a best of 1:05.27.
I'm still on the stock Pzeros and Ron was running R6's so that's worth 5 seconds right? ;D

Anyway hope to catch up with you again and run together so I can follow and learn the lines of a master, and I would right seat in the GT!

Steve E

http://www.tracktimephotos.com/large/2011/20111114_LRP_IN1_8243.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Rick
The whole splitter is painted Wood Brothers Motorcraft red. My body guy D/A sanded it smooth and painted it. I am still pondering doing the roof this winter as well. As you guys can tell I love the " race car" look and have a modern/retro NASCAR thing going on. Owned a 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II back in the 80's and have always loved the David Pearson Wood Brothers cars. All in all I just love this car, makes me feel like a track day hero every time I drive it, car definitely makes me look better than I am out there!

1:00.xx is very impressive at Lime Rock for street cars and to be honest I doubted Ron when he came in and said he ran a 1 flat, so I timed him the next session with my iPhone stopwatch. He did run the numbers on clear track, which was hard to come by, he was passing a lot of cars, only a black Nissan GTR was running comparable laps to his.

Hope more members here can make to LRP next year, I plan on doing 4 dates there, 2 at Watkins Glen and 1 at VIR and NJMP each.

steveespo said:
Rick
The whole splitter is painted Wood Brothers Motorcraft red. My body guy D/A sanded it smooth and painted it. I am still pondering doing the roof this winter as well. As you guys can tell I love the " race car" look and have a modern/retro NASCAR thing going on. Owned a 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II back in the 80's and have always loved the David Pearson Wood Brothers cars. All in all I just love this car, makes me feel like a track day hero every time I drive it, car definitely makes me look better than I am out there!
Cool, +1 for the Wood Brothers! Personally I'd skip painting the roof and use the money elsewhere. You car looks fine the way it is. 8)

steveespo said:
Rick

1:00.xx is very impressive at Lime Rock for street cars and to be honest I doubted Ron when he came in and said he ran a 1 flat, so I timed him the next session with my iPhone stopwatch. He did run the numbers on clear track, which was hard to come by, he was passing a lot of cars, only a black Nissan GTR was running comparable laps to his.

Hope more members here can make to LRP next year, I plan on doing 4 dates there, 2 at Watkins Glen and 1 at VIR and NJMP each.
Steve ,
You should have taken my offer to go for a ride! Hope to see you next year.

roketman said:
Boy did I luck out ! 62 degrees at Limerock Park in October! I got to try my TRACK KEY yes I liked the track key.no codes or limp mode!The DBA Floating rotors with the carbotech xp20’s.Got to try the Hoosiers ,My new muffler and my new 4 point belts.I was concerned the new Corsa would not make the 94db limit at Limerock.No problem with the sound !And what a sound it is! WHEW!The brakes were flawless,never had any fade and the pedal stayed hard.The Hoosiers were absolutely astounding!OMG!! This is the way to go period…..I ran my shocks at 4 front and 5 in the rear.The car was just wonderful . Perfect 4 wheel drifts. I felt like Gary on speed steriods!

Nice vid..

A question, - Did your 302 use any oil at LR?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel