The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

my latest mod with drama!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well after awaiting the arrival my American Racing Headers arrived today.
finally got to open the box up. was pleasently dissapointed right away.

seems some a$$ hat didnt tape up the box holding the nuts and bolts and the two gaskets ect.. during shipping the headers nearly destroyed the gaskets.

then i start looking and after having to wait 2 weeks for a x pipe to be made with the boss 302 2 inch quad pipe i find that i have a normal x pipe with no hookups for the quad??

is it me? cuz i can remember times when stuff got done right and done the first time right but in the last 5-8 years it seems that no one cares anymore.

no i can expect to spend my days calling on my dime to sort this crap out because no one answers emails any more either.

peace out!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I feel your pain. I still have yet to get ahold of raptor shift lights. the thing causes speedo to dance around and a slight miss at low rpms. already cut the wire for the speedo hook up so the speedo stops dancing.

yea, just something i have noticed over the years.

seems that its becoming the normal way to do business. ill give em a call tomorrow i suppose. im sure they are gonna take care of it but i am not going to meet my saturday install plans now.

Justin

gremlinsteve said:

seems that its becoming the normal way to do business. ill give em a call tomorrow i suppose. im sure they are gonna take care of it but i am not going to meet my saturday install plans now.
what gaskets came with it? I have the best results with percy's dead soft alum gaskets leaks wise.

gremlinsteve said:

Sorry to hear about the problems. Hope it gets worked out quickly.

When I worked in a two man shop we would work all night long to make parts for customers. Then again I have a degree in Business and the other guy had an MBA. We knew what it took and sometimes it meant work all night. We were pretty successful with the repeat business.

Fat Boss said:
gremlinsteve said:

Sorry to hear about the problems. Hope it gets worked out quickly.

When I worked in a two man shop we would work all night long to make parts for customers. Then again I have a degree in Business and the other guy had an MBA. We knew what it took and sometimes it meant work all night. We were pretty successful with the repeat business.

i hear ya. its the same reason i closed my place down. i could not get what i felt was a good customer service. close but just not what i was hoping for. it started to show. after holding down two full time jobs i had to give up on trying to keep it right.

and here i am ordering parts from some of the same vendors i did back then and i still get these issues. only this time i dont have to be the one who takes the hit.

Justin said:
gremlinsteve said:

what gaskets came with it? I have the best results with percy's dead soft alum gaskets leaks wise.

there a graphite based mess. they have worked ok for me in the other brands i have used them on. so i will use this style again.

but i will need a new set since these and bent in half and twisted too.

Justin said:
I feel your pain. I still have yet to get ahold of raptor shift lights. the thing causes speedo to dance around and a slight miss at low rpms. already cut the wire for the speedo hook up so the speedo stops dancing.

Hey Justin, I was just wondering why do you have the Raptor conected to the Speedo? I have a Raptor shift light and hooked up to the Tach but not the Speedo. Just trying to help.

Justin

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Justin said:

Hey Justin, I was just wondering why do you have the Raptor conected to the Speedo? I have a Raptor shift light and hooked up to the Tach but the Speedo. Just trying to help.
it's a dual mode. So the launch feature works. It's the signal used to switch to shift light.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel