The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Mustang Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Your car looks great. Anymore driving impressions you want to share?

I am more impressed every time I drive it. The power delivery is smooth and manageable. I'm still getting used to the steering feel. I totally love the exhaust note. The car is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the bolsters in the seats. They keep me snug during fast cornering.

I was drinking coffee outside of Starbucks yesterday morning and some kid pulled up in a Bullet Mustang. He pulled out an iPhone and started snapping pictures of my car. I let him check out the engine and sit in it. I would have taken him for a ride if the traffic would have been light. I got invited to a local Mustang rally. It was kind of cool.

12BossKB said:
I totally love the exhaust note.
Thanks for sharing. Do you have the attenuation discs in the exhaust?

I just washed all of the road grime and splattered bugs off. I was going to wax it, but it already has a coat of wax on it.

th_Boss10.jpg
th_Boss11.jpg

Taking out the disks made more of a difference than I thought it would. I love the way it sounds without them but I don't know if I would leave them out if it was my daily driver. I guess I'm just getting old. I still haven't heard what they sound like from outside the car but you can really hear the difference from the drivers seat. 8)

ArizonaGT said:
Looks awesome man! Please tell me you don't park that thing outside/on the street!

Garage only, my friend. I just pulled it into the street to spray off the driveway. i have a covered portico as well.

If any of you are struggling with color choices, I have to tell you, the KB is much more beautiful in person. The pics I have seen online do it no justice.

5 DOT 0 said:
12BossKB said:
If any of you are struggling with color choices, I have to tell you, the KB is much more beautiful in person. The pics I have seen online do it no justice.
I've never had an issue with the color, just the stripe and wheel colors. Maybe I'll paint the wheels KB.... :-\

That's not what I meant. I meant if anyone is having a problem choosing a color, the KB looks beautiful in person.

2012 Boss racer

Dean#4AI said:
Taking out the disks made more of a difference than I thought it would. I love the way it sounds without them but I don't know if I would leave them out if it was my daily driver. I guess I'm just getting old. I still haven't heard what they sound like from outside the car but you can really hear the difference from the drivers seat. 8)

I pulled the discs out of the exhaust before I even took delivery!!!! And it is my daily driver and the exhaust is AWESOME! Pull the plates and hide em in a drawer somewhere and forget about em. This car (WITHOUT THE DISCS) is quieter at 70mph than my previous mustang which was a 2006 V6. I am amazed at how quiet this car gets when it is just idling. It'll get loud if you get on it, but if you don't run it into very high RPMs, (even though it is extremely difficult not to), it can be kept quiet. It is no louder than a Borla exhaust system.

Pull the plates!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!

2012 Boss racer said:
Dean#4AI said:

I pulled the discs out of the exhaust before I even took delivery!!!! And it is my daily driver and the exhaust is AWESOME! Pull the plates and hide em in a drawer somewhere and forget about em. This car (WITHOUT THE DISCS) is quieter at 70mph than my previous mustang which was a 2006 V6. I am amazed at how quiet this car gets when it is just idling. It'll get loud if you get on it, but if you don't run it into very high RPMs, (even though it is extremely difficult not to), it can be kept quiet. It is no louder than a Borla exhaust system.

Pull the plates!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!

I totally disagree. The car sounds much better with the disks in. With them in you can hear all the beautiful sounds the car makes (intake, side exhaust, rear exhaust, tires, etc). With them out all you hear is the side pipes (which are very raspy). With the disks in, I loved bring the car to redline. With them out, I found myself skip shifting just to keep the revs down. :-[ Notice how the people that say pull the disks never ran the car with them in, but the people that did often put them back in. ;)

For a little more volume with out drowning out everything else, drill an 1/2" hole in the disks and put them back in. ;D

2012 Boss racer

This car without the discs is quieter than my previous V6 mustang! I want the car to be loud, but it is still totally streetable without pissing off the neighbors. It does not drone without the discs, it is an awesome sound. Ford designed the car to be ran without the discs, they only put them in to pass sound regulations. Do what you want be don't be afraid to pull those discs!!!

2012 Boss racer said:
This car without the discs is quieter than my previous V6 mustang! I want the car to be loud, but it is still totally streetable without pissing off the neighbors. It does not drone without the discs, it is an awesome sound. Ford designed the car to be ran without the discs, they only put them in to pass sound regulations. Do what you want be don't be afraid to pull those discs!!!

When I was your age, I would probably have had the same opinion as you. Like I said before, I'm just getting old. 8)

For now, I'm going to keep running it without but may be drilling out the disks in the future.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel