The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Mustang Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
BossJockey said:
For a little more volume with out drowning out everything else, drill an 1/2" hole in the disks and put them back in. ;D
Have you done this already? A guy that worked on the exhaust system, s197ford, said to leave it alone or drill 1/2" in the discs.

Yes. A 1/2" hole in the disk brings the sound level of the side pipes to about the same level as the mufflers (just not as deep of a sound).

I guess I'm getting old too. ;) If the electronic cutout aren't to expensive, I'll probably get those.

A short video:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/O9zBqiCdq1g2cdEJudgJLg?feat=directlink

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel