The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Mustang Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My son and I stopped here on the way back from Cecil Ford in Hondo, TX on our way back to Houston. The pics were taken from my iPhone. I'm going to use my wife's digital camera tomorrow and take some better pics for you guys.

I have never been this happy with anything I have ever purchased. I got the Recaros/Torsen package, but not the Boss mats. I had to pay 3k over sticker for the car. Whatever. I love it.

th_Boss1.jpg
th_Boss2.jpg
th_Boss3.jpg

Looks great, congratulations. So how are the seats on long drives? And have you tested the rev limiter yet? ;D

I banged the rev limiter on an onramp. The car didn't seem to mind. Some dipsh*t in an F250 thought he could keep me from merging....bwahahaha!!! ZOMG PWND!!!!

The seats are fantastic on long drives...extremely comfy.

How do you like the wheels? I think the high gloss black wheels look great and go well with the black decal set. As you can see from my signature I'm thinking of changing my wheels because I don't think the high gloss black goes that well with the high gloss white decal set. Any thoughts on that? I had a chance to check out a red/white car this past weekend and it further cemented my opinion.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/my-visit-with-a-boss-302/

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-SideSVTPP3chop.png

Boss-302-Sidewheelstsw4.png

I'm pretty happy with how the colors look together. I like the rims...at least they won't show a bunch of brake dust. The red/white one in your post looks gorgeous. I don't know how you kept from buying it.

I meant to tell everyone that the exhaust note of a Boss during a wide-open throttle acceleration is unbearably addictive. The sound between 4500 and 6500 RPM is just amazing. I really can't remember what life was like before this car.

12BossKB said:
I'm pretty happy with how the colors look together. I like the rims...at least they won't show a bunch of brake dust. The red/white one in your post looks gorgeous. I don't know how you kept from buying it.

I meant to tell everyone that the exhaust note of a Boss during a wide-open throttle acceleration is unbearably addictive. The sound between 4500 and 6500 RPM is just amazing. I really can't remember what life was like before this car.
Your car looks great! Glad you are enjoying it. Your comment about the exhaust is funny. I sent my track video to a buddy in CO last night and he said the exhaust sounded awesome. I replied back that I can't get enough of it it's like a drug lol.

5 DOT 0 said:
No Recaro's and a $10K ADM. Have fun with your Boss.

Honestly, the Recaro's are really nice, but that would not have been a dealbreaker for me. Did you ask them if they were willing to negotiate at all? I highly doubt they believe they will get more than $5k over sticker. If you have to have the Recaro's, I understand. It's an expensive car. Get everything you want. I just thought the Race Red with white trim was gorgeous. If I was a millionaire I would have a pair of red/blue matching Bosses.

Jonathan
Kingwood, TX

If I were to rank the two options (Recaro/Torsen), I would say the Torsen is more important. Having a GT500 with a "limited slip" diff versus the Torsen is night and day, especially if you like to go fast around corners. I really like the Recaros, but could live without them. Personally, I'd be very disappointed without the Torsen.

cloud9 said:
If I were to rank the two options (Recaro/Torsen), I would say the Torsen is more important. Having a GT500 with a "limited slip" diff versus the Torsen is night and day, especially if you like to go fast around corners. I really like the Recaros, but could live without them. Personally, I'd be very disappointed without the Torsen.

Agreed.

Hey Jonathan,

Let me know when you want to do a tech day and I'll show you how to take the attenuation dics out. It sounds really awsome and it is real easy to do.

cloud9 said:
I meant the Recaro package not just the seats. But the seats are nice and I couldn't imagine not ordering them.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Hey Jonathan,

Let me know when you want to do a tech day and I'll show you how to take the attenuation dics out. It sounds really awsome and it is real easy to do.

Definitely. Thanks, Todd.

5 DOT 0 said:
Looks great, congratulations. So how are the seats on long drives? And have you tested the rev limiter yet? ;D

My 2 cents on the Recaro seats: after driving 3hr non-stop, I was a little stiff when I got out. I would like a little more lumbar support. (but I'm the guy that aways adjust adjustable lumbar systems all the way out.) That said, I do like them much better than the seats in the GT.

BossJockey said:
5 DOT 0 said:

My 2 cents on the Recaro seats: after driving 3hr non-stop, I was a little stiff when I got out. I would like a little more lumbar support. (but I'm the guy that aways adjust adjustable lumbar systems all the way out.) That said, I do like them much better than the seats in the GT.
I agree. If I were to change anything, I'd add some more lumbar support. However, unless it's adjustable, everyone will have a different opinion based on how they're built. Being in the office furniture industry, I understand the difficulty in getting a seating product that is one size fits all.

BossJockey said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Yeah, I'm just the opposite. I always adjust the lumbar all the way in. So for me, the seat fits me perfectly. ;D

Dean#4AI said:
BossJockey said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Yeah, I'm just the opposite. I always adjust the lumbar all the way in. So for me, the seat fits me perfectly. ;D

See what I mean!!! ;D ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors