The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My new exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That sounds incredible. What does your butt dyno think?

How was the noise level under full power inside the car with the turn down exhaust? Was there any heat issues around the diff area? looks very clean. I'm also undergoing some offseason modifications for power and handling. Did the shop recommend long tube headers too?

NFSBOSS said:
smittytx said:
I guess that was a little uninformative. I forgot to post the details.

Here is a link to pics from the shop that did the work.

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Service/Exhaust-Systems/19875874_PXf2sD#!i=2203102175&k=RGh73Mh

I ended up losing about 43 lbs. and with unrestricted power, I gained 15HP and about 30 ft lbs of torque!
Nice. Don't let Gary see this thread. :p
LTs, o/r x and Corsas will be marginal for the street as it is........ ;)

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Nice pucks on the pinch welds! Looks like top notch quality exhaust too.

jdasch1 said:
How was the noise level under full power inside the car with the turn down exhaust? Was there any heat issues around the diff area? looks very clean. I'm also undergoing some offseason modifications for power and handling. Did the shop recommend long tube headers too?

Yes, they wanted me to go with long tubes (and so did I), but I don't want to change the factory tune.

smittytx said:
Yes, they wanted me to go with long tubes (and so did I), but I don't want to change the factory tune.
I have been looking at the Borla long tubes because I had Zero problems with them on my FR500S. I also like the BBK ceramic coated long tubes but have no experience with them in a racing application. What brand did you use? Muffler kind?

I went with the stock headers that came on the car to avoid having to re-tune, + Magnaflow Stainless Steel Performance Muffler, 3" Inlet/Outlet

TMO Supporting Vendors