The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

My New Tow Truck

Tri-bar

TMO Race
Reaction score
I towed My old truck I sold, a 1999 Dakota RT yesterday up to Sacramento. I got 18 miles to the gallon doing 60 even up hill. Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy it.

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
If I "Stay out of Mexico" and drive under 75 MPH I get 19 MPG from my Powerstroke. Shocking I know. I sometimes drive under 75 MPH.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Towing capacity is , technically speaking, a whole bunch! Powerstroke or Cummins, both will yank around over 30,000 lbs with their 1 ton trucks , based on the right equipment. A Mustang and a trailer will not even phase Tri-Bar's new pulling toy!

Like Tyme , I prefer the Blue Oval and Ram Diesels over the GM lackofpower plants. Whoops , should not have said that since we have a Chevy and a GMC Store -- whoops!

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
In a perfect world I would somehow convince the Boss I need a stacker or 40 Ft trailer so I can haul both toys to a big boys play date. Wish me luck on that one.
My Powerstroke will be able to pull either. 14,000 at the bumper and 16,100 at the goose neck.

TMO Supporting Vendors