The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My New Tow Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I towed My old truck I sold, a 1999 Dakota RT yesterday up to Sacramento. I got 18 miles to the gallon doing 60 even up hill. Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Congratulations. Should make your tows easy and comfortable.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Towing capacity is , technically speaking, a whole bunch! Powerstroke or Cummins, both will yank around over 30,000 lbs with their 1 ton trucks , based on the right equipment. A Mustang and a trailer will not even phase Tri-Bar's new pulling toy!

Like Tyme , I prefer the Blue Oval and Ram Diesels over the GM lackofpower plants. Whoops , should not have said that since we have a Chevy and a GMC Store -- whoops!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
In a perfect world I would somehow convince the Boss I need a stacker or 40 Ft trailer so I can haul both toys to a big boys play date. Wish me luck on that one.
My Powerstroke will be able to pull either. 14,000 at the bumper and 16,100 at the goose neck.

TMO Supporting Vendors