The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My R build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuhrius said:
I'm on Facebook?! sweet! ;-)

the feet are welded in to allow them to be placed where we wanted them (both where they attach and the resultant angles of the bars) and then the cage is bolted to them the feet to allow for eventual removal / reuse / resale of the cage itself.

you are now small time famous man, I saw it yet again on FB today. The cage looks great, super beefy

patrickshelby said:
VAsyMzE.jpg

The BOSS looks a century old on this picture!

feels it too...drove over hwy 17 and back again this evening (I run a non-profit over there...dedicated to providing more land access to mountain bikers / equestrians / hikers) and it FELT old. Still great...but old.

patrickshelby said:
And it is still a bolt-on cage that can be removed (and powder coated)!
Very nice.

thanks. well, thanks should go to Tony.

here's a pic that illustrates the amazing attention to detail in prep work that he did...cleaning off the DOM tubing anywhere close to a weld that ensures that his welds are free of anything that would degrade the integrity of the weld. The tubes come black...he's prepped the tubes, down to clear, to ensure that there are no residual oils, etc

KSeuOgZ.jpg

Stopped in at Wine Country Motorsports a couple weeks ago (I was up in Napa for a work boondogle) and picked up a new helmet. I've been eyeing the Stilo's ever since they hit the market. The new design (ST5 GT) was exactly what I was after in a helmet. Didn't realize it was going to be so 'matchy' with the car though. oh well. Funny that in this pic the string on the helmet bag just happened to fall into a shape that's eerily similar to Laguna Seca...it's an omen. ;-)

ZeOqrBi.jpg

I had been running HJC si12 which I really liked...but it's SA2005 and will only be good for a couple more years and with my son joining me at some track events in the near future (including track attack) he can use the HJC. It's crazy how big the shell is on the Stilo compared to the HJC. (and note that if you're looking at buying a Stilo, try to get to a place where you can try one on...they run REALLY small). The Stilo also weights about 250g more than the HJC (with the electronics in the Stilo...no electronics in the HJC)

80kS9bJ.jpg

And I turned over the 1,000 mile mark today.

q8p2Uxy.jpg

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
I'm jealous man. I need t lo drive my car more. Gas prices are going up too.

What does a good helmet cost anyways? I've never owned one, but probably should invest for when I plan to do some track stuff

a few new pics. just sitting in the parking garage at work...nothing very artsy. but then again, it doesn't need artsy to look badd-ass imo.

2Mu6zvx.jpg
itp6UN4.jpg
NpDzgJt.jpg
3aMM7D2.jpg
5HU9zyf.jpg

How often are you scraping your front splitter? I've scraped mine a bunch and you're an inch lower and stick out further.

fairly often but usually just very lightly. It's almost impossible to get in and out of my driveway without scraping (and I have a pretty mellow driveway entrance)

I'm also a lot more judicious about the places I go in and out of than I was with the boss.

smittytx said:
Dang it! I was so sure of my Avalanche Gray with White Stripes. Now you've got me thinking of changing to black.
The black stripes on fuhrius' look really good. Is there a picture of the AG and white stripes somewhere?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel