The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My steering wheel mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've never been a fan of the Alcantra wheel on the Boss, and it hasn't grown on me with age. I also have concerns about keeping it clean and about long-term durability. I really prefer a leather wheel. So the last time I was at the dealership, I checked out a Mustang GT on the showroom floor with a leather wheel. I liked the feel of the leather wheel much better, and the fact that it had white stitching sealed the deal. I bought one and today I had it installed. I'm a happy camper :) Got a white shift ball on order, too.

strgwheel.jpg

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
JonW said:
I've never been a fan of the Alcantra wheel on the Boss, and it hasn't grown on me with age. I also have concerns about keeping it clean and about long-term durability. I really prefer a leather wheel. So the last time I was at the dealership, I checked out a Mustang GT on the showroom floor with a leather wheel. I liked the feel of the leather wheel much better, and the fact that it had white stitching sealed the deal. I bought one and today I had it installed. I'm a happy camper :) Got a white shift ball on order, too.

strgwheel.jpg

I agree fully... and having a PW Boss your post is making me want to do this sooo bad.. Did the dealer install? and if so.. if you don't mind how much whole thing completed?? Thanks.

VWGTI123 said:
I agree fully... and having a PW Boss your post is making me want to do this sooo bad.. Did the dealer install? and if so.. if you don't mind how much whole thing completed?? Thanks.

The wheel was $155 with shipping, dealer charged $87 for installation.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
JonW said:
VWGTI123 said:

The wheel was $155 with shipping, dealer charged $87 for installation.

Great! Thanks so much.. that is alot cheaper than I thought you were going to say.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Funny...I have that wheel in my GT with the 401A interior, and I've been worried about keeping the white stitching clean and was considering the change to the Boss wheel!

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I really like the leather wheel as opposed to the alcantara. I'm going to see if the dealer can get one with black stitching. The white looks great one your PW Boss. But mine is SBY and would really like it with black is they make it that way too.Price is reasonable too.

Nice! Its subtle, and most won't know the steering wheel is not stock or had been changed...

I kinda like my Alcantara Wheel.. at least for the time being...

I would like to find a better Car Horn though... one the has the T-Rex sound from Jurassic Park or one that screams "Ah, F@!$ YEAH!" Or even one that says "POWER!!!!!" (like in the Old Spice Commercials). Anything is better than the stock Horn, it sounds like someone kicked the car in its balls...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel