The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My suspension update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I re tuned my Suspension yet again. I set the front sway bar in the middle. Removed the rear sway bar. Reinstalled my Kenny Brown Rear roll center relocate kit.( Drops the Panhard bar about 6 inches.) Used full stiff on front and rear shocks.(Koni yellows) I have been chasing balanced grip since I have owned the car. I was close at Button Willow and it felt good. but I had to give up on front grip to get it there, Front sway bar on full hard and a 18mm rear bar. (Panhard bar in stock local.) Since I did the gear change I wanted to get my front grip back. That's why the other changes. How dose it drive? No drama ! It just turns and jumps off the corners. It's much easier to control and feels like it handles the bumps better also. I think the trick to getting it to work together is the shock settings. Even at full still, It dose not upset the car if you hit a bump in a turn. The best part, I still can go soft for the street. We will see at Laguna if it really works !

Cool. What tire setup are you running?

Do not run Koni yellows on full stiff. They will lockout and bind. Do a YouTube video search. If you need more stiffness, go with stiffer springs.

further said:
Do not run Koni yellows on full stiff. They will lockout and bind. Do a YouTube video search. If you need more stiffness, go with stiffer springs.

Thanks for the advice, I can't say I have ever had that happen, will keep an eye on it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel