The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 My Toy Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
Yesterday I installed my Optimum Performance wheel spacers and my Vorshlag brake cooler shields. If you have a PP with the plastic shield and use the original hardware you will need washers under the head of the bolts because they are shoulder bolts so the wouldn’t squeeze the plastic. If not the plate will not tighten up.

Monaca Pa
I have a friend with I think a 18 GT twin turbo street car , at the time no roll cage went 8.90’s @160. He had a full cage put in this winter lol

Limitless Performance has a daily driven car 8.01’s in the 1/4 twin turbo.....thats why my blue one is there....

but i have a feeling track days might take over my 1/4mile lust....which is why i may turn the blew into track only road race. I’ll see how much i drive it this year compared to track days with the shelby......and if corona doesnt kill my business. Then i’ll gut the blew one and turn it into a corner carver

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice.........how tall are your walls? Wondering if there is enough room for a lift as it appears so, but can't quite tell? Looks to me like it was well worth the wait and perfect year to do , since track time has been pretty limited throughout much of the US.

Monaca Pa
Nice.........how tall are your walls? Wondering if there is enough room for a lift as it appears so, but can't quite tell? Looks to me like it was well worth the wait and perfect year to do , since track time has been pretty limited throughout much of the US.
Bill, ceiling height is 11’6” and yes a 2 post lift will be installed next year. Next is the sheet rock for the ceiling. Not looking forward to doing that myself.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Envious, my garage is just a bit short for a lift, but have considered doing another garage in the backyard like yours. Keep us up on the continuing build and considering doing drywall on the ceiling, well , that I am not envious of you at all, ha.

Bill, ceiling height is 11’6” and yes a 2 post lift will be installed next year. Next is the sheet rock for the ceiling. Not looking forward to doing that myself.

i hired someone to do that lol. I get so mad when i see everyone else not needing to use hard conduit. My city is so anal about it. they wouldnt even let me run separate service tot he garage so i can have 100amp Just to the garage, couldnt build over 600sqft....cant build over xxx height....cant have a radiant floor. Etc etc.

dont forget about the lights when you put up the drywall being above the rafters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tony. It’s most of Dupage and Cook counties. I am sure it has nothing to do with the layers of inspections and the fees which go with the inspections. The only good news is you can add circuits later fairly easily.
Out here in the sticks, I build my home and shop on one low cost permit. Inspections from the county were available at a fee if you wanted to check on your subs.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
i hired someone to do that lol. I get so mad when i see everyone else not needing to use hard conduit. My city is so anal about it. they wouldnt even let me run separate service tot he garage so i can have 100amp Just to the garage, couldnt build over 600sqft....cant build over xxx height....cant have a radiant floor. Etc etc.

dont forget about the lights when you put up the drywall being above the rafters 🤣🤣🤣🤣
sounds like California...."no you can't do anything and now you gotta pay us just for asking".

Monaca Pa

a detached garage under 1000 sq ft does not require any inspections. I had to pay $35 for a building permit from the township. You don’t think the lights will shine thru the drywall:eek: 😂

TMO Supporting Vendors