The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My TracKey Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you for putting your Boss on a dyno and posting the charts. The results are not surprising but I would have thought the TQ curve might be a bit higher down low.

As you can see below we have two more days until the sky falls. ;D
Lololol looks like someone's taking the kids to the movies. My pleasure, it's the last bit of excitement I'll get with the Boss before hibernation. I'll look forward to the rest of your reviews on track as I'm hunkered down in my igloo. :D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Is there an explanation for the noise below 3,000 RPM's?
I don't know the answer to that, but maybe someone else does.

That is when they tipped into the throttle to begin the run.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
He checked the datalogs and there's no difference in timing A/F or demand for fuel at WOT.

That's odd, considering this wording straight from the TK Customer Instructions document:
tkbenefits.png

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:
He checked the datalogs and there's no difference in timing A/F or demand for fuel at WOT.

That's odd, considering this wording straight from the TK Customer Instructions document:
tkbenefits.png
Good point. I dunno much about this stuff, just repeating what he told me. He said 24.5 degrees of timing at WOT on both tunes. I didn't ask about the a/f ratios and I see they're not on his charts. He did comment on the difference in behavior between the two tunes in terms of drivability on the dyno, so I'm confident he did actually get pulls with both tunes.

I feel it was worth every cent it does give a big difference with throttle and seemed faster but sounds a lot better for sure i love the launch control I have all good to say nothing bad at all and after switching back the key wow noticed a difference for sure. I am very glad I did it.

So how about launch control? Anyone know if it can be used at the drag strip? Can it be set while staging? Can it be set before the lights change on a pro tree? A pro tree is quick. Once both cars are staged, it only takes a second or two and the green light is lit.

06mach1 said:
So how about launch control? Anyone know if it can be used at the drag strip? Can it be set while staging? Can it be set before the lights change on a pro tree? A pro tree is quick. Once both cars are staged, it only takes a second or two and the green light is lit.
Easy it can be set before and it stays set it is very usefull for sure for 100% sure.

Great writeup! After reading some other reviews I glad you had a chance to really drive and test it. Now I am looking forward to getting my car back tomorrow. With luck I will be out on the track this weekend.

My tuners got the car to The Ford dealer in Orlando after a lot of back and forth between the dealer and Ford they finish they took it to the shop did a couple of pulls and only one HP increase 397-398 less than 400 but its probably the temp. But ill be there tomorrow to pick it up and drive to Miami for a Nasa event in HMS There I will see the real benefits. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2012YellowBoss said:
Great writeup! After reading some other reviews I glad you had a chance to really drive and test it. Now I am looking forward to getting my car back tomorrow. With luck I will be out on the track this weekend.
I can't wait to hear about it after you have it on track! I'm really anxious to know how the engine braking helps and if you feel like it digs out of the corners better than the street tune. It should answer some of the other questions we had about elminating the P0300 and whether it has any affect on temps. It's certainly going to just "feel" cool driving it on track with TK ;D

cloud9 said:
I can't wait to hear about it after you have it on track! I'm really anxious to know how the engine braking helps and if you feel like it digs out of the corners better than the street tune. It should answer some of the other questions we had about elminating the P0300 and whether it has any affect on temps. It's certainly going to just "feel" cool driving it on track with TK ;D

To me that is the most important thing about Trackey. I was throwing a lot of codes and lots of limp modes the last few days. I wrote about one experience at PBIR when in limp mode going around a long right turn. I stayed in it (stupidly) because I was ahead of the field and wanted to stay there then have to do a bunch of passing again. When it came out of limp mode the back end broke loose but I was able to correct it. The last few times I have been shy about hitting the apexes so that would be one less thing to think about now.

I am really looking forward to the engine braking. I think the best place to see this will be off the back stretch at Sebring. Should open up a whole new way into that turn if it is as good as you and others say. I can think of a few other places where it will help me also.

I am a little worried about the increased throttle response, I still have a tendency to get back in the throttle early. I will need to make that a quick learning curve.

The temp will be hard to tell since I will be running the new grille for the first time. I will try to keep an eye on that but will need to know what you have seen with the old vs. new grille before using Trackey.

Jas427 is running this weekend also at Sebring with Trackey, I am sure he will answer some questions with his experience tracking.

jas427

BOSS LS #469
Well made it to the track OH drag strip tonight. Got some video, the launch control works great. I put some tall DRs on the back it all but killed the gear. Once I got things a little sorted out it ran fine. At 3500 it would fall and go at 4500 just spin at 4000 spin a little and go. Really didn't have time to get this perfect. I won't power brake the car because I'm road racing and plan to save the brakes for my next event at Sebring. Did get a couple 12.90 passes. The idle does bounce the car around like a old race car. The throttle is really cleaner and the exhaust much more crisper. Sounds really good going down the track. The Temp stays 190 to 200 hope this holds on track to. The shifting may be different can't tell but did miss 2nd and 4th on 2 different runs. Max mph was 111.93. It may have a little more pull from my first time to the strip running 109.9mph. Will post more after Sebring.

jas427 said:
The Temp stays 190 to 200 hope this holds on track to. The shifting may be different can't tell but did miss 2nd and 4th on 2 different runs. Max mph was 111.93. It may have a little more pull from my first time to the strip running 109.9mph. Will post more after Sebring.

You still running the factory grille?

Good write up. I can't wait to get mine installed.... I am going to have the dealership look at a few things before I do it so everything is documented before trackey is installed...

Like I have said. What we are getting is exactly what Miller has on their cars....

Gary,
Your passion for the Boss and your good guyness are refreshing.
Nice write up buddy!
The more I drive ,track and own my Boss ,the more I like it!
Go fast and take chances…..
Best regards,Ron

TMO Supporting Vendors