The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good to hear it was resolved. It sucks when you see this stuff happening but then you read that Ford resolves it without issue.

So i had this happen while driving home from picking up the car from the dealership after the motor swap, but it came up again today so i was wondering if anyone found out what causes this. I'm getting occasional flashing check engine lights that go away after about 5 seconds. Haven't tried to pull codes yet but from what i read it could be a bad connection or something. Anyone got any ideas?

I guess it's back to the dealer for you. I'm glad to hear you got you car back so fast, I expected it to take a month. I have that ticking sound at idle like you did but I haven't had it check out, I think I'm going going to the dealer on monday. Good luck getting you your issue resolved, I be following this. BTW how did know you had misfires, did you hear it or did it blow a code? I'm assuming a code.

Ya we had codes going for some time. I'm going to wait on taking it back till after i get all the brake in miles done. From what i have read, the flashing light doesn't cause any codes which are able to be pulled so i can't do much.

TMO Supporting Vendors