The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mystery Ford to be revealed at 2012 SEMA Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That was one stylish machine back in it's day. I wanted one of those so bad back then.

zzyzx

Steve
PeteInCT said:
I owned one of these, in white! At the time I think Duran Duran was hot on the charts ::)

Ah, memories! ;D

My friend bought a used SVO in the late eighties and boy did we have some fun in that thing...

As to SEMA, I think an SVO makes the most sense - they could introduce the FI engine on '14, as a special model, then make it a mainstream engine choice with the '15+.

zzyzx said:
Ah, memories! ;D

My friend bought a used SVO in the late eighties and boy did we have some fun in that thing...

As to SEMA, I think an SVO makes the most sense - they could introduce the FI engine on '14, as a special model, then make it a mainstream engine choice with the '15+.
Ah yes, that reminds me of my 1991 all white SHO.

I think that's exactly what Ford will do, introduce the EcoBoost in 2014 as a special edition and then it will be standard equipment for 2015.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I had a fox body Mustang, a 1982 GT 5.0.

It was the fastest domestic car you could buy in 1982. The CHP used them as pursuit vehicles.

I think it had all of 175 HP, or so... :)

Image02_002sized.jpg

Hey dont mock the fox bodies there is a few running around over here one with almost 1200hp the other is around 800 and they will spank your ass ;D I had one I had it running mid 12's with a 200 shot of nos and a bunch of suspension mods not to mention a 4500 stall converter. they marked the charts for all of these new cars.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I think that's exactly what Ford will do, introduce the EcoBoost in 2014 as a special edition and then it will be standard equipment for 2015.

hmmm...I dunno. I think that since the 2015 car will be several hundred pounds lighter then the 2014, it does not seem likely they would share the same powerplant.

four-walling said:

hmmm...I dunno. I think that since the 2015 car will be several hundred pounds lighter then the 2014, it does not seem likely they would share the same powerplant.
It's pretty common knowledge that the EcoBoost engines will be offered in the new 2015 Mustang. The EcoBoost engines are 4 and 6 cylinder.

BLAZN BOSS

jeepinocala said:
Hey dont mock the fox bodies there is a few running around over here one with almost 1200hp the other is around 800 and they will spank your ass ;D I had one I had it running mid 12's with a 200 shot of nos and a bunch of suspension mods not to mention a 4500 stall converter. they marked the charts for all of these new cars.
You had 5.0 or a SVO with a 200 shot?

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
5 DOT 0 said:
four-walling said:

It's pretty common knowledge that the EcoBoost engines will be offered in the new 2015 Mustang. The EcoBoost engines are 4 and 6 cylinder.

...don't doubt the ecoboost...just wondering if the 2014 ecoboost will be the same as the 2015.

If so, the 2014 buyers will be getting screwed, performance wise...

My guess is that if it is the SVO badged mustang it will be a one year run to close out this body style and (like someone else mentioned) will serve to warm mustang enthusiasts up to the idea of a turbo 6 in a GT trim stang.

My back up guess is a Boss 351, but I think that's a long shot.

I haven't heard anything about the turbos popping on the F150s and the SHO or whatever it is called, like the first gen BMW turbos did, but I haven't really been looking.

There is a guy on Ford Truck Enthusiasts that has a tuned ECOBOOST 6 putting 374 HP and 505 LBS/FT to the wheels in his F150. That'd be plenty for a Mustang.

zzyzx

Steve
Fat Boss said:
There is a guy on Ford Truck Enthusiasts that has a tuned ECOBOOST 6 putting 374 HP and 505 LBS/FT to the wheels in his F150. That'd be plenty for a Mustang.

That's great for a truck. I for one would not want that type of power in a Mustang. That type of power distribution would be great for cruising along on the highway (relaxed!), but would be a PITA on the track.

zzyzx said:
Fat Boss said:

That's great for a truck. I for one would not want that type of power in a Mustang. That type of power distribution would be great for cruising along on the highway (relaxed!), but would be a PITA on the track.

Do you mean it's too much power for you? Without seeing the torque curve I don't know how you could pass judgement.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel