The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

N2MB WOT BOX Installed and its awesome!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Yesterday I finally got around to installing a N2MB WOT Box in my boss. For those of you who dont know what that is its a small box that interfaces with your computer to enable you to do no lift shifts and also has functions like a 2-step rev limiter. Wiring is a simple 5 wire hook up but does require cutting the stock computer harness wires and soldering in wire taps. The other wire to cut is the power wire coming out the bottom of the fuse box to the ignition coils.

The directions that are provided on their web site were more then enough to get the install done.

I hope to be going to the track in the coming weeks to give it a try on the track. so far on the street its pretty awesome.

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

Justin

and nobody cares....it probably would shave a good amount of time of your lap times due to the speed at which you can shift with it. also makes full tilt shifting much smoother.

I absolutely care Justin, and thank you for posting this. I saw in your ET Drag post that you were installing it and started to do some research on it. Can't wait to see your results from the track. I'm focused on the drag racing side, but I'm wondering if it might help with the shifting lock out as it seems it cuts the RPM momentarily to allow the shift? I have not had any real issues with lock out since I started bleeding the clutch before I stage, but I'm thinking this would help also. Thanks again for the post

Justin

T1000 said:
I absolutely care Justin, and thank you for posting this. I saw in your ET Drag post that you were installing it and started to do some research on it. Can't wait to see your results from the track. I'm focused on the drag racing side, but I'm wondering if it might help with the shifting lock out as it seems it cuts the RPM momentarily to allow the shift? I have not had any real issues with lock out since I started bleeding the clutch before I stage, but I'm thinking this would help also. Thanks again for the post
I am glad. This is something I like a lot. I wish I would have bought it from the start. on the street testing it on some back roads its pretty amazing at the speed you can shift and how much smoother it is to get in gear. I have never had lock out issues. Then again I am now running a centerforce DYAD clutch. I have it set to 275ms delay on the shifts. Auto setting was just to long of a pause. I am going to work on getting down to the 150ms mark.

If I can ever get off of work before 5 on weds I might be able to make a Test and tune here before the track closes and I will be taking video if I do.

Justin

T1000 said:
Justin I was wondering, do you have this hooked up to a toggle switch or is it always active?
its always active. but you can disable everything if want to. by its nature a toggle switch wouldnt work as it interrupts the power wire to the coils. its very easy to adjust even with out a laptop. has a single button. press and hold with clutch up and wait for the blinks of its led. when you get to the number of blinks you want release the button. for example 0 blinks is disable. this is how you adjust the time delay on the shifting feature. clutch down is how you adjust the 2 step rev limiter. again 0 blinks is disabled.

Got it, do you find that if you have it set, you can still shift normal, or do you have to always keep the gas down (problem won't want shift any other way, but just wondering)

Justin

T1000 said:
Got it, do you find that if you have it set, you can still shift normal, or do you have to always keep the gas down (problem won't want shift any other way, but just wondering)
shifts normal wouldnt even know its there

Maui
Thanks for posting Justin. this looks cool. I've had some lockout issues at the drag strip, looks like something worth investing in. You going to try it out at the drag strip soon? Let me know how it goes. You ever hear of anyone have problems with their cats being damaged with this?

I ran it in my Shelby and it was awesome. I'd say for drag racing it's a must. For the road course it's useless.

Here's a video of the Shelby in action....Watch the tail pipes....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83uDwwXq6rc

Justin

thebull said:
I ran it in my Shelby and it was awesome. I'd say for drag racing it's a must. For the road course it's useless.

Here's a video of the Shelby in action....Watch the tail pipes....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83uDwwXq6rc
if it shaves tenths off a 1/4 mile pass by making shifting faster then I would think the huge amount of shifts you make on a road coarse would quickly add up to saving some time on a road coarse. but then again I have never drove on a road coarse and dont plan on doing it.

I love the flames. what did you have your box set to? I have it at 275 right now and that seems to slow. wish my new big and little set up would get here so I can get to the drag strip.

Justin

thebull said:
Shift it like you stole it!! ;D
once I get something sticky under it I am sure I will speed up I am just leerie on street tires. this morning I did a 2-3 shift at near 8k and well lets just say glad advanced track was still on lol

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I'm really interested in this. So it's powershifting, but it cuts the spark when you push in clutch? There's still a chance of missing gear and damaging tranny right?

Justin

unrealford said:
I'm really interested in this. So it's powershifting, but it cuts the spark when you push in clutch? There's still a chance of missing gear and damaging tranny right?
yes that is what it does. also gives you other features like 2 step. it would be the same I woudl think if you missed a shift without it.

one thing to note is it will more then likely destroy cats. and potentially blow up a chambered muffler. this is because when it cuts the spark it sends un burned fuel down the exhuast track. see the above video for the flames that come out the back. just something to consider. I run a wide open exhuast with no chambers or cats so I am not worried about it.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Justin said:
yes that is what it does. also gives you other features like 2 step. it would be the same I woudl think if you missed a shift without it.

one thing to note is it will more then likely destroy cats. and potentially blow up a chambered muffler. this is because when it cuts the spark it sends un burned fuel down the exhuast track. see the above video for the flames that come out the back. just something to consider. I run a wide open exhuast with no chambers or cats so I am not worried about it.
Ahhh thanks for info. I'm in NY, I can't even install headers. The new inspection will be looking for o2s shut off.

Justin

unrealford said:
Ahhh thanks for info. I'm in NY, I can't even install headers. The new inspection will be looking for o2s shut off.
a viable option is to run the jegs cat deletes at the track and swap back for "inspections" you can run this way I do believe with stock tune it will just throw a code.

TMO Supporting Vendors