The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Nameplate Fonts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought some blank intake manifold name plates for my Boss off of ebay a while back and finally got around to marking them. I am trying to match the font that Ford chose and who would have thought there are 100's of different type of fonts to chose from. Ford chose non-standard fonts. This is the closest match I could come up with. The bottom image is the real deal and the top image is the font/size that I found. I have not laser etched them yet so the color should match better as the top plate is showing white letters/numbers.
Tim

Nameplate.jpg

Just pointing it out, the top image VIN number is missing a letter (p). Not talking trash, would hate for you to have it etched without it...

I think the font is a great match, it would fool my untrained eye.

TMO Supporting Vendors