The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Napa Mobil 1 5W50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now, that is a great situation with free shipping!! Bob, what is going on with you , offering solid info instead of just Post Whoring for hours on end ,haha. Thanks buddy !!

Have to admit , looked all over the NAPA site and could not find this deal. Checked Google and no low price there also , so help us all out.

Last edited:
Bill, I don't know what's going on. I couldn't find that deal on the Napa site today, either.I did order 12 qts @ $5.99 last nite.......It must have been a "Twilight Zone" moment. I called the local Napa store today and Mobil 1 is not on sale and is $10.99 a qt.Here's a copy of my cornformation email from Napa

Processing for Shipment

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.napaonline.jpg
MOBIL 1 X2 5W50 QT

Part #: MOB 122075

Qty: 12

$71.88

$5.99 /each
Estimated Delivery: Wed, April 22

Order Summary
Subtotal (12 Items):$71.88
Shipping Total:FREE
Tax:$4.56
Total:*$76.44

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No problem, your heart was in the right place and those flash sales are getting more common, so sure the rest of us will catch one. Thanks for trying to alert us and cool you got in on some El Cheapo Lubricanto !!

Let me ask you guys:

I’ve been changing my oil every 6 months, but almost never reach my mileage quota of ~5k between oil changes.
My two engine guys at work say there’s no need for me to change it so often since I run the Mobil1 5w50; that once a year is fine.
What are y’all’s opinion?
6 months regardless of mileage, or (since I apparently don’t drive it enough) to just wait till I hit 5k miles (usually 8-10 months)?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Let me ask you guys:

I’ve been changing my oil every 6 months, but almost never reach my mileage quota of ~5k between oil changes.
My two engine guys at work say there’s no need for me to change it so often since I run the Mobil1 5w50; that once a year is fine.
What are y’all’s opinion?
6 months regardless of mileage, or (since I apparently don’t drive it enough) to just wait till I hit 5k miles (usually 8-10 months)?

Any track use within those 8-10 months/5k miles?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
No, but it does see the upper end of the tach. I mostly just hoon’d around in the mountains this past year.
High revs are fine - extended time at high operating temps is where the more frequent oil changes would come in. If you can still buy insurance and haven’t been thrown in jail, you’re more than likely good with the 5k mile change intervals.

You can go through Summit and get a 6 gallon bag-in-box of Lucas 5W50 for roughly 105 bucks tax and all. Comes out to roughly 4.35$ a quart, can be a pain to transfer it but once you get a system down it's not a big deal. Always the same price don't have to wait on a sale, does take roughly 2ish weeks to get it since they have to special order it.

TMO Supporting Vendors