The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NAPA Mobile 1 Sale until End of June.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: NAPA Mobile 1 Sale $5.99 until March 31st

I was getting worried they weren't going to put this deal on again... I'm down to my last oil change. Thanks!

Silly question but does it meet the Ford requirement for our cars? If so I am going to get some......thanks.

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter

M1 is yesteryear's technology. The stuff that Pennzoil and Quaker State are making from natural gas is state of the art and what I run in mine.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Propilot said:
M1 is yesteryear's technology. The stuff that Pennzoil and Quaker State are making from natural gas is state of the art and what I run in mine.

I didn't think Pennzoil Ultra or Platinum PurePlus was available in 5W-50. Is the Quaker State?

Grant 302

Propilot said:
Grant,
Quaker State and Platinum are available in 5W-50

Neither of those are made from a GTL process from what I found, and the quaker state data sheets says, "• May be used for Ford WSS‐M2C931‐B (SAE 5W‐50)" but not "Meets or exceeds Ford..." like many of their other grades.

Are you using a different grade of oil than 5W-50?

Grant 302

todcp said:
Quaker State and Pennzoil are the same company these days. Owned by Shell Oil. All make great products.

No doubt about that. Just want to make sure there isn't any misinformation propagated on the subject.

And the great oil debate continues. lol. Mobile 1 and Castrol are All I use in the boss. Sure there are other brands and newer tech, but if it works why spend more? mobile 1 and Castrol are prove oils for the boss IMO. Good luck everyone with your purchasing decision.

Propilot

Grant 302 said:
Neither of those are made from a GTL process from what I found, and the quaker state data sheets says, "• May be used for Ford WSS‐M2C931‐B (SAE 5W‐50)" but not "Meets or exceeds Ford..." like many of their other grades.

Are you using a different grade of oil than 5W-50?

Pennzoil Platinum and Platinum Ultra are both using GTL technology. I use the Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W-50 as it does meet the Ford Spec.

http://pureplus.pennzoil.com/#complete-protection

And yes, Quaker State and Pennzoil are owned by Shell.

Grant 302

Propilot said:
Pennzoil Platinum and Platinum Ultra are both using GTL technology. I use the Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W-50 as it does meet the Ford Spec.

http://pureplus.pennzoil.com/#complete-protection

And yes, Quaker State and Pennzoil are owned by Shell.

Okay, so the Quaker state isn't GTL in 5W-50 and the Pennzoil Platinum 5W-50 is a full synthetic GTL blend? The 5W-50 isn't available in 'Ultra Platinum'.

Propilot

Grant 302 said:
Okay, so the Quaker state isn't GTL in 5W-50 and the Pennzoil Platinum 5W-50 is a full synthetic GTL blend? The 5W-50 isn't available in 'Ultra Platinum'.

Correct.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Mobil 1 on sale at NAPA

NAPA has Mobil 1 for $6 this month. Just bought enough 5w50 for the year at considerable savings.

Re: Mobil 1 on sale at NAPA

SeattleBoss said:
NAPA has Mobil 1 for $6 this month. Just bought enough 5w50 for the year at considerable savings.

Thanks for the heads up! I asked our local napa dealer three times if he really had 5w50 for $6/qt and he said yes three times (3 = magic number) so I asked for 2 cases or 24 qts. Come to find out a Mobil 1 only comes in a case of 6 qts. He had to order more but it should be here tomorrow if he is correct. Thanks for the info!

Tim

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

So the auto parts stores will generally price match other competitors. I got a gift card from a friend for Advanced Auto so I thought what the heck, I'll see if they will match the Napa sale. Long story short, went in the store, they said they would match the price, 30 minutes later walked out of the store with nothing. Horrible manager who disappeared and in the end they said they couldn't match the price. Called Advanced Auto customer service and they said that was incorrect, they will in fact match the price if they can verify the sale. Best way is to bring the add in or they can call Napa to confirm. After that debacle and waste of my time I'll get it from Napa even though it's further away. I am all about customer service even if it means spending more because I am treated professionally and I admire people who take pride in and are good at their job. Ok, done ranting :)

Adam

Advance auto doesn't usually stock 5w50 (At least the stores around this area don't stock it). I even tried ordering from there a while ago, because their Mobil1 sale usually includes a filter as well, they couldn't order it.

Flyboygsxr said:
So the auto parts stores will generally price match other competitors. I got a gift card from a friend for Advanced Auto so I thought what the heck, I'll see if they will match the Napa sale. Long story short, went in the store, they said they would match the price, 30 minutes later walked out of the store with nothing. Horrible manager who disappeared and in the end they said they couldn't match the price. Called Advanced Auto customer service and they said that was incorrect, they will in fact match the price if they can verify the sale. Best way is to bring the add in or they can call Napa to confirm. After that debacle and waste of my time I'll get it from Napa even though it's further away. I am all about customer service even if it means spending more because I am treated professionally and I admire people who take pride in and are good at their job. Ok, done ranting :)

Adam

Let's try quoting again the right way this time. Customer service is a lost art these days. That's why I shop my local NAPA when possible as its locally owned.

TMO Supporting Vendors